WarCraft III

Desert_Eagle25

I just played it with all settings at highest. It's fantastic!! I love it, the sounds, graphics, and the game interface is so new and sleek! A mix of RPG and RTS(95% RTS, 5% RPG). I like the hero system, and I especially like the sheer look of it. The only thing i despise of it is Upkeep. Arrggh..I hate high Upkeep..

i still haven't played the game, but from what i have read, it's more like 60% RPG and 40% RTS. Blizzard have already told to www.gonegold.com and CGW that there are heroes that have a main role in the battles. also they pointed out that you can't win a battle if your side has no hero, and the other side has one.

also... man.. you suck

piracy is bad!

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

piracy? he has the game legal... and btw... that is old... in the past it was gonna be 60% rpg and 40% rts... but they changed it to a lot more rts because World of Warcraft was about to be the same as the old warcraft 3

In addition to my well-known views as to why WC 3 sucks - oh and btw its nothing like an RTS, you have to go around and kill things with your Hero *exactly* like in Diablo 2, the only difference being that in WC 3 the interface is much more clunky, IE: in Diablo II you can hold ALT and it shows you the name of every item on the ground, but in WC 3 you have to manually click over each item just to find out what it is ::) - I have just found out something quite shocking.

There are no clans in WC 3. No way to form a clan. Here I was thinking it might actually be some sort of alternative to Emperor, and at the last minute they axe the ability to form clans in WC 3. ::)

I agree with naveros. It is not a great rts in my opinion. remember I said in my opinion. It is a great adventure game though and I love it for that. not for rts reasons.

hey, WTF?! Whut u talkin about piracy? I bought my own version, Collector's Edition. If ur talkin about letting my friends play it, and burning it for my friends, fine. But i'm not gonna sell it, i'm like 13, i'm not gonna get a record. Jesus Christ...----Also, who cares about the items on the ground and it's name, geez, are u too lazy just to move ur mouse? U always hate games for the most unnoticable things. Also, ur never happy with whut u already got, nav.

no nav is just stating something inferior about blizzard's product. I love blizzards games but they make mistakes too. I think that you desert eagle have anger problems. its best to cool down.lol

[quote author=`Desert_Eagle`

----

Also, who cares about the items on the ground and it's name, geez, are u too lazy just to move ur mouse? U always hate games for the most unnoticable things. Also, ur never happy with whut u already got, nav.

Okay. I don't know how good you are at RTS games, but if I know the interface and nuances of a game then I end up being pretty good at that game. There are two types of people who play RTS games: those who play casually and whose skill is lacklustre, and they do not care because they don't play to compete.

The other type is the type that I am. I play RTS games to become good, to compete, to Win and be proud of my skill. For those type of players, speed is everything in an RTS. The faster you can do anything, the better. Here is a typical situation in WarCraft 3. My army kills a bunch of creeps, there are 10 items on the ground. For me to find out what they are, I have to manually click on one, then look at my inventory to see what it is, then decide if I want to discard it or not. Then I have to repeat that process 9 more times.

As you can see, that is a huge waste of time. It would take Blizzard about 15 minutes to program it so if you hold ALT down, it shows you the name of the items on the ground just like it does in Diablo II, so why don't they do it?

(well i know why they don't do it, because warcraft 3 is a rush-job, an incomplete product rushed out the door because Blizzard knows the mindless masses will buy it by the millions regardless of how half-baked, unfinished, and crappy it is)

[quote author=`Desert_Eagle`

----

Also, who cares about the items on the ground and it's name, geez, are u too lazy just to move ur mouse? U always hate games for the most unnoticable things. Also, ur never happy with whut u already got, nav.

Okay. I don't know how good you are at RTS games, but if I know the interface and nuances of a game then I end up being pretty good at that game. There are two types of people who play RTS games: those who play casually and whose skill is lacklustre, and they do not care because they don't play to compete.

The other type is the type that I am. I play RTS games to become good, to compete, to Win and be proud of my skill. For those type of players, speed is everything in an RTS. The faster you can do anything, the better. Here is a typical situation in WarCraft 3. My army kills a bunch of creeps, there are 10 items on the ground. For me to find out what they are, I have to manually click on one, then look at my inventory to see what it is, then decide if I want to discard it or not. Then I have to repeat that process 9 more times.

As you can see, that is a huge waste of time. It would take Blizzard about 15 minutes to program it so if you hold ALT down, it shows you the name of the items on the ground just like it does in Diablo II, so why don't they do it?

(well i know why they don't do it, because warcraft 3 is a rush-job, an incomplete product rushed out the door because Blizzard knows the mindless masses will buy it by the millions regardless of how half-baked, unfinished, and crappy it is)

I'm sorri if RTS is ur life man, but I really dunt notice it...

and if it's such a big hassle, email Blizzard, dont bust about out here..

K Mr. Eagle, let me see if I understand what you are saying: you should be able to say why

WarCraft 3 is great while providing no real substance as to why it is great.

Then when I state my knowledgable opinion on why it is not great and back it up with real specific examples and substance, that is not ok?

If you wanna praise WarCraft 3 why not go email Blizzard? That's what you said I should do. LOL If people post their opinions of the game here, they should not be surprised when realistic opinions of the game surface with the fanboy praise.

I'm not praising them, i'm saying the game is damned fun. But U are saying this game is lame because of a couple of bugs. Whut makes u think they aren't gonna patch it? I mean, it just got released.ALL games have bugs when their released. And most of the time, the distributor fixes these bugs(except WW of course).

K Mr. Eagle, let me see if I understand what you are saying: you should be able to say why WarCraft 3 is great while providing no real substance as to why it is great. Then when I state my knowledgable opinion on why it is not great and back it up with real specific examples and substance, that is not ok?If you wanna praise WarCraft 3 why not go email Blizzard? That's what you said I should do. LOL If people post their opinions of the game here, they should not be surprised when realistic opinions of the game surface with the fanboy praise.
If the general opinion of a group (say this forum)is that a game is good, then it's an accepted fact among them, but when someone like you who obviously doesn't think it is good says it isn't, then it's common sense to demand why it is bad. They cry heresy and with good reason, because you are telling everyone their opinions are wrong and that you are correct. So face it Nav, they don't have to say why it's good (which they did in other threads, which you may not have read :P) because it's the general opinion and it would be like telling people that the earth is round.

Acriku, you sound like some sort of sociological expert ::) Sounds pretty clever though.

Think of it like this guys:

respected reviewer from Gamespot: calls it a classic and gives it a 9.3 out of 10

Nav: doesn't like it because he has too many inventory items

So I will let everyone decide who they want to listen to, the reviewer or Nav :P

Nav, you are being overly critical. That inventory thing is the first time I have heard that, and I have read a review and some beta reports...apparently it doesn't bother normal people ;D You have purchased the game, I assume, but if you can't stand it, why would you get it? You are the only negative opinion I have seen on any review site or on this board...why is that?

Acriku, you sound like some sort of sociological expert ::) Sounds pretty clever though.Think of it like this guys: respected reviewer from Gamespot: calls it a classic and gives it a 9.3 out of 10Nav: doesn't like it because he has too many inventory itemsSo I will let everyone decide who they want to listen to, the reviewer or Nav :PNav, you are being overly critical. That inventory thing is the first time I have heard that, and I have read a review and some beta reports...apparently it doesn't bother normal people ;D You have purchased the game, I assume, but if you can't stand it, why would you get it? You are the only negative opinion I have seen on any review site or on this board...why is that?
Here is a little hard dose of reality: PC game reviews are bought-off, "fixed", for any game with a fanbase in the millions. PC gaming sites need to do this in order to survive. Even if a game is total crap, if there is an automatic fanbase in the millions, no Review is going to risk slamming the game because even though the game may be completely horrible like WC 3 is, if any site/magazine gives it a low rating, that site/magazine would lose a large chunk of it's market share.The sad reality is, it makes bad-business sense to tell the cold, hard truth in reviews of games with huge followings, so no major entity will ever do it.I don't just not like WarCraft 3 because of the huge amounts of time that you need to waste just to pick up necessary items. That is just one example of *many* that I could give of how clunky and unfinished the entire interface is.There is quite a bit that makes WarCraft 3 suck, search for my other posts on the subject if you want to see more.And yes the average person might like it, but it's like they say: "Small things amuse small minds." Most people are too mentally-incompetent to see the flaws of complicated games like WarCraft 3, so they make like they don't exist. Doesn't change the fact that they are there, they are prevalent, and they make the game suck.

great, but do they also pay off the fans, who also think the game is good?And trust meeh, 99% of the fans love this game, the other 1% is u and some other dolts.
No, like I said the fans are just too simple-minded to notice, understand, and comprehend the many flaws of the game. They are stupid (not everyone, just generally speaking). Don't need to be paid off. They'd pay any price, for anything, as long as it has the official Blizzard logo on it.With your Dolt/Fan ratio, you are on the right track, you just have it reversed. 99% dolt fans, 1% critical, objective, realistic judgement by RTS veterans.

You got the critical part right ;D

That's an interesting thought about the review sites, and very possible for some, but unlikely that all of them are like that. I am a student, who has taken some background in auditing (like Enron and worldcom). Now, reviewing a game is like auditing a firm. You expect the reviewer to be independent (key word) and objective. If the public was to perceive otherwise, the opinion is worthless...which is why I am sure that some sites remain honest and objective.

So, are you considering returning the game?

Don't worry though, I'm sure they will address some of the problems in their game, such as clans and inventory. They have proven to be a company that listens and responds...great marketing all around.

You got the critical part right ;D

Yeah...I think Nav's mission in life is to find every little flaw in all RTS games...I swear...

And they will probably fix it Nav, so stop complaining.

And yes Nav, sum fans are narrow-minded and want to get it just because it has Blizzard

Hmmm.

Every game blizzard has made has been a success.

(This is the starcraft,warcraft and diablo games)

Blizzard uses very much time on their games, they do not just release games when they feel like. That may be the reason that all of their games has been among the most played games...

It may be that Warcraft III has a bug or two, but that will surely be fixed.

And you Navaros: You never dislike a game just because of the little wish-that-all-items-should-be-displayed-on-the-ground-when-pressing-the-ALT-key you have... There must be something else too. I play Diabli II once in a while, and I totally agree with you in this problem, but will you let this little bug it spoil this great game?