Man, now what....

"I've noticed that there seems to be quite a bit of open hostility against "Newbies"" Just ignore them, they will be dealth with ;DI'll look at your specs and edit my post..[Edit: Do you make sure you close down all backgroudn programs (like virus scannesr and stuff) ?]

Actually, in theory my computer rocks. The specs are impressive I know. But your 755 MHz plays dune while my 1.8 GHz gives me nothing but trouble. So actully, I'm thinkin its your computer that rocks.

THe only thing running in the background is Zonealarm firewall. I don't think that uses enough system rescources to be causing the prob, but I could be wrong.

Also, I am playing with a mod. I don't know if that could be an issue as well.

I was able to play the game all the way through last night, but then i tried again and it shut down again. I guess it only happens some of the time.

My comp is stranger!

It's a pentium THREE! (Not boasting, this sucks)

192MB ram

64MB ram

A: Diskette Drive

C: 1.2 GB

D: 1.2 GB

E: 1.2 GB

F: 1.2 GB

G: 1.2GB

H: CD Drive

Total: 6 GB drives!

Isn't this worse than modern computers? I can't play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault! :'(

Use partition magic to squish them into bigger drives.

Zone Alarm may cause plenty of problems with Multiplayer, or it may not, give it a try, but ZAP doesn't use enoguh sys resources to interfere with the actuall game to much.

Make sure the background programs are actually closed, not just hiding.

On win 9x, there should only be Explorer and Systray/System running, on XP there should be half a dozen peices of crap that microsoft relies on.

Close everything with Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Finally, the forums wouldn't accept my password or any of the ones it got changed to.

Well, I turned ZAP off and it started working fine. Then I turned Zap back on, and everything still works fine, so I don't know what happened. I can play a whole game now though, and that, my friends, kicks butt ;D.