Atreides Minos

GhostHunter

Emprworm is a newbie (among other things) with no clue what he is doing in Emperor, as are most hobbtz/former hobbtz including you, vilgent LOL

I have an impossible strat to counter.

Try beating hopnhopper as ATR when he is using Hark. Make sure he uses his "Inkvine strat". Totally impossible to counter.

That was a not-needed post, Navaros. Next time I'll delete it.

There are indeed many ways to destroy a Mino-rush. And if I don't play Atreides, I can't play 2/3 of the time. Because so many people are Atreides

Nav, so you say that minotaurus is unbeatable? Lol, it would be very very unfair. When I have as lot missile tanks as you have minos, I don`t afraid mino rush. I mean, its powerful, but as Timenn said its a lot ways to destroy it with every house.

No I am certainly not saying that the Mino is unbeatable. Minos are quite beatable.

I *am* saying that a Hark forced conisting of Buzzsaws, Assault Tanks, and Inkvinves - being used by the best players, is completely impossible to beat as Atreides unless the Hark player waits until you have a ton of Minos before attacking. But why would he? That strat is impossible to beat in the early game as Atreides. Totally impossible.

What is "impossible" to you changes from week to week, Nav. You used to complain about the mino march too. The only thing that is "impossible" to beat in Emperor is a player who uses a perfect balance of units for any given situation. Some players, like Ace, Earedil, Maxpower, Cerberus, etc., have come close to perfection in this game. Are they impossible to beat? Of course not, because they are human. Please, stop going on and on about what is "impossible" to beat in Emperor because there is no such thing--unless maybe emotionless, logical, extremely experienced, super-intelligent human beings (like the Vulcans in Star Trek) exist.

What is "impossible" to you changes from week to week, Nav. You used to complain about the mino march too. The only thing that is "impossible" to beat in Emperor is a player who uses a perfect balance of units for any given situation. Some players, like Ace, Earedil, Maxpower, Cerberus, etc., have come close to perfection in this game. Are they impossible to beat? Of course not, because they are human. Please, stop going on and on about what is "impossible" to beat in Emperor because there is no such thing--unless maybe emotionless, logical, extremely experienced, super-intelligent human beings (like the Vulcans in Star Trek) exist.
Yes, hopnhopper's Invine strategy IS impossible to beat as ATR, and by impossible that means there is no direct counter to it. Sure, if you happen to get a one-off freakish show of luck in one out of 30 games you play against him when he uses that strat, he might let you engineer him or something like that. But that does not change the fact that due to the far superior strength and range of the units that the Hark player can get by spending the same amount of time and money in the game as the Atreides player, the very best Hark player has an inherently *UNBEATABLE* strategy against any Atreides player if he uses Inkvines. Like I say, if *any* of you don't believe me go play hopnhopper, use ATR, and tell him to use Hark and use his Inkvine strat, and make sure he is playing at his best. The very best of you would lose *at least* 95 out of 100 games you played under those circumstances, and the ones you won would be by freak-luck (strats that will not work on a consistent basis and have no direct relation to *stopping* his attack head-on) such as being able to successfully capture his whole base.

I find it interesting that just because Nav cannot beat a particular strategy, that means that it is universally impossible to defeat. Does anyone else see the comedy in this? There are 2 very good atr strats to use against hopnhoopers hark tactic. And a third one that is halfway decent.

Well, if Hopnhooper's Inkvine strat really is that great, does he really NEVER lose to Atreides? Also, if he is that good with Hark, he must be better than the other Harks out there, so that means he should never lose to Hark either. And finally, since Hopnhooper (known to me by his more famous name) is one of the undisputed masters with House Ordos, then I really think he should never lose to Ordos with Hark either. I'll bet Hopnhooper would be the first to admit that his Hark strat is NOT impossible for Atreides to beat.

Well, if Hopnhooper's Inkvine strat really is that great, does he really NEVER lose to Atreides? Also, if he is that good with Hark, he must be better than the other Harks out there, so that means he should never lose to Hark either. And finally, since Hopnhooper (known to me by his more famous name) is one of the undisputed masters with House Ordos, then I really think he should never lose to Ordos with Hark either. I'll bet Hopnhooper would be the first to admit that his Hark strat is NOT impossible for Atreides to beat.

Yeah sure he says it's not unbeatable, but that does not change the fact that it is unbeatable. I ask him how to beat it, and he says: "I can't tell you how to play". LOL He doesn't tell me how to beat that strat because really there is no way. You are an ATR player taq, so go play hopnhopper on QM settings and make sure he is doing his absolute best and uses his Inkvine strat on you. I bet your opinion changes once he does.

Nav, I have really only come close to beating Hopnhoopr (I won't say his well-known name here) once, and that was in a four-player when I took out his partner early with, of all things, a mino rush on "To Nimila." Hopnhoopr then took out Tenfor's base, leaving Tenfor with only the buildings I had given him. Ten and I had an overwhelming unit advantage late-game. However, Hopnhoopr, playing as Ordos, used some skillful EITS moves when my anti-air was weak, and he held on for the win almost entirely because of Ix projections. That was the "worst" I've seen him play. He is a master at Emperor. He plays with incredible unit balance and micromanagement. He has won the Ordos ladder at least twice, and I've played against him and with him recently, so I've seen his Hark in action. He is one of the few top players who can take on someone like Bilbo on Bilbo's Bilbo-ized settings and win. If I played Hopnhoopr 20 times, perhaps I could beat him once or twice, but the settings and the map would have to be in Atreides' favor, and I'd have to play one of my own "perfect" games. Even then, maybe I'd need something to distract him, such as a bad case of diarreah. LOL. The point to all this is: Hopnhooper is the best player I have played other than Earedil (and Bilbo on Bilbo's settings, of course). However, I know, and Hopnhoopr knows, that he DOES NOT possess the "unbeatable" strat. Those of us who have been around since the beginning of Emp have seen many "unbeatable" strats come and go, and it's people like Hopnhoopr who have dispelled many of the "unbeatable" myths. The Inkvine strat is the latest and greatest. My own clan leader, Evelded, uses a variation of it very well, and he kicked my ass with it the other day. I lost a game to the Inkvine strat last night. Just now, many previously inferior Hark players have just begun to realize what a great weapon the Inkvine really is. The Mino march doesn't scare me. The Ordos rush doesn't scare me like it used to. The gunship rush--when I'm Atreides with some money--is laughable. I'm even doing well against the Guild rush lately. But the Hark Inkvine has such great range, and it is so deadly with the right supporting units, that yes, I'm scared when I see a good Hark player setting up a good Inkvine strat (well, as scared as I can be of a video game--lol). But the best players are beating Hopnhoopr even now. He is having a hell of a time trying to get that number one spot this month simply because there are players out there who know the counters to everything. If Hopnhoopr isn't number one overall this month (I'm cheering for him because he deserves it), it won't be for lack of trying; it'll be because no strat is perfect. I've rambled enough. Taq out.

It's good to see that you at least acknowlege that the Inkvine is truly *the* unit to dread in Emperor.

The best players who are beating hop certainly ain't using Atreides to do it with, mind you. ;D

This thread was about saying that the Minos should not be feared. I agree with that.

Don't fear Minos. Fear Inkvines. Honestly, I think that Inkvines are the second most devastating unit in the game (the first being Fedaykin) due to the sheer destruction they will cause against any Atreides player, when used properly.

Of course hopnhopper also has another impossible strat, too. He usually uses Ordos when he does it. Actually that strat would work regardless of what House he uses, so unless he dies fast, he always has impossible strats to kill ya with. :(

I do find that funny emprworm. Yes it seems that Nav likes to hide behind the skill Hopnhoopr has and call judgements about other players whiel always chnaging the subject to how great hHopnhoopr is. Now I'm not doubting Hopnhoopr's skill the slightest, I'm only doubting Nav's power of making calls here.......Until next post, Vilgent.

I do find that funny emprworm. Yes it seems that Nav likes to hide behind the skill Hopnhoopr has and call judgements about other players whiel always chnaging the subject to how great hHopnhoopr is. Now I'm not doubting Hopnhoopr's skill the slightest, I'm only doubting Nav's power of making calls here.......Until next post, Vilgent.

mr. experienced ATR vilgent, why don't you play QM this month, and start playing QM heavily. eventually you will meet hopnhopper in QM. he will crush you with his Inkvine strat. When you have played him in QM and lost, then you may come here and say my opinions are unwarranted. Until you have done this, my opinions have much more backing them than yours do.

mr. experienced ATR vilgent, why don't you play QM this month, and start playing QM heavily. eventually you will meet hopnhopper in QM. he will crush you with his Inkvine strat. When you have played him in QM and lost, then you may come here and say my opinions are unwarranted. Until you have done this, my opinions have much more backing them than yours do.

Ummmmmmm. Yeah well see the thing is, I'm not a game freak such as hmmmmm YOU. Anywho I cant play qm that much because as I said I dont play enough. And all your doing is going off someone ELSES skill. And as I said I dont doubt his skill I only doubt your opinion if all I hear about u from people is he insults everyone, just like you started at begining of this post. Heres a idea, get some skill and maybe not hide behind hopnhooprs eh? Until next post, Vilgent.

Ummmmmmm. Yeah well see the thing is, I'm not a game freak such as hmmmmm YOU. Anywho I cant play qm that much because as I said I dont play enough. And all your doing is going off someone ELSES skill. And as I said I dont doubt his skill I only doubt your opinion if all I hear about u from people is he insults everyone, just like you started at begining of this post. Heres a idea, get some skill and maybe not hide behind hopnhooprs eh? Until next post, Vilgent.

I can acknowlege you are partially right. I am nowhere near at the level of hopnhopper so it's like comparing apples and oranges, you are correct about that.

However, after seeing his Inkvine strat in action, I am convinced that there is *no* way that even the best ATR player can counter it effectively. ATR units are simply too weak at the start to beat what he did, no matter *how* well they are micromanaged.

Hmmm...I would say that no strategy is unbeatable. I am guessing you lost to this guy in QM, got pissed, then somehow pictured the inkvine as an unstoppable unit ::) Whenever you lose, you always find a new problem...till you take the time to figure out how to beat it. Don't take the S out of RTS.

And don't knock emprworm, he's demonstrated a good understanding of more than one house. I've only seen you play as atr, Nav. Believe me, you don't truly understand all the houses until you have worked with them. This game has been out for a year, and I have played with each house a fair number of times, especially atr and hark (as of late). If you think it's so unbeatable, adopt his strategy and win all your QM games...even face some of the top players ;D Once you see someone counter it, you'll figure out what to do.

Taqwa, I'm not sure when your on, but I'd like to find you sometime...never came across you. If your a hark player, I think it would be interesting. Though I'm having tech problems at the moment...I think I screwed with my video card drivers...

Undsputed, I don't get to play as much as a lot of these guys because of job and family, but I've had the game since it came out. I'm best with Atreides, but I've been having fun with Hark, too. I don't care much for Ordos because I'm not into really quick rush games, and I have a very hard time stopping Atreides or Hark late-game with Ordos. Yes, I use deviators, but by late game any good player has plenty of sards and fremen, so I haven't had much luck as late-game Ordos.

Nav, dont post on anymore of my subjects because all you do is the same thing EVERY post. You just insult, hide behind Honhoors skill, and complain about stratagys, and might I add complain about how weak Atr is in start, yet YOU STILL PLAY THEM?!?!?!?!??!?!? Until next post, Vilgent

Yea Taq, I know you've been around a while. I remember you posting back when that guy used to list statistics about game balance...hehe...leswish on the old message board. I I'm still surprised I never crossed you. I know I came across some of your former clan mates like evel and player. I know what you mean though, I have gone a month or so without playin when I get caught up in school.

The only thing I look for in playing people is a decent game and a decent person. The latter is especially hard to find sometimes. Maybe I'll see you on sometime...I'm on EST and usually on later at night. But again, I'm having problems at the moment with graphics card.