Gobalopper

Dune Tabletop Games Coming

It looks like the movie release has some side effects:
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/79891/dune-board-miniature-tabletop-role-playing-games-c

"With this master license, we are excited to collaborate with our peers and leverage their unique expertise to realize a complete spectrum of game types and authentic experiences,' continues Brisigotti. Slated for late 2019, their first collaboration is a tabletop role-playing game from Modiphius, publisher of celebrated games such as Star Trek Adventures, Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Conan, Mutant Chronicles, Achtung! Cthulhu, and Tales from the Loop.

I'm actually surprised they risk making a tabletop game instead of a video game in the age where smartphones have become the center of today's life (which is shameful in and of itself).

They might've been better off remaking the three Dune RTS games we discuss here :P

You don't want a C&C Rivals clone. Trust me on that one.

I wonder what happened to that indi game. That one looked good as a Dune 4.

Trust you? Who are you? A Rivals player? :P

And I did say smartphone life is a shame. A complete and absolute shame.

Yeah, we don't want Dune for phone. We want Dune and C&C for PC and only PC.

One last thing: Rivals? A) not a C&C game. B) I never heard of Rivals. Is it good?

I was being sarcastic.

Why, EA? Why..? 😭

Edited by TAK02

Sarcasm aside. I think that the board game makes a good chance... IF.... they finish that product.

PS. Dune2 can be played on the android. And works even better then using a mouse and keyboard.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:37 PM, X3M said:

Dune2 can be played on the android. And works even better then using a mouse and keyboard.

Considering it was the RTS-precursor and had "one-unit" limit and not that many (or any, AFAIK) keyboard commands...

This shouldn't come off as a surprise, but it still does.

Edited by TAK02

There is another game that uses the same concept. It is called Warfare Inc.

It works more like C&C. Multiple units can be selected and commanded. There is RPS in weaponry. A good 14 mission single player campaign. And that for free. But that aside.

This board game. I already had my eye's on it. But my experience tells me that this is one of those "great" idea's that will not see the day light. Why I have that conclusion? I know of a couple more games that tried the same. But all failed. These last 3 couple of years.
On the other hand. This group of designers has put out multiple games out there already. They know what they are doing. And I think it is brave of them to try Dune. further more, they are on BGG. Which is a gathering place of the best designers for all I know.