[release] Campaign for Dune 2000 - Corrin House

Cm_blast

Hi again, this will be my last mod in a while.

It's a new full campaign using the Corrin House.

Story: The war have been lost. You two allied Harkonnen and Ordos have been defeated by the Atreides. It is only a matter of time the Atreides beat you as well.

You only chance is trying to evacuate the area and trying to survive one day more.

For this mod I used Tibed. Some things forced me to use it. Also i wanted to give to the Corrino some things to match the Atreides.

As a first Note: I didn't change the health, speed or anything like that. just the availability of some buildings and units (and some changes in tech levels for the good to the campaing).

I am not sure how many .bin files are edited (I am a bit new with tibet), so i upload the 4 of them.

I did a full notes.txt with all the information, but as a summary.

- Before you needed to deploy a VCM to build the high tech facility (with the imperial construction yard already deployed you couldn't). Right now you always can build it.

- If you have the repair pad and use the wrench icon to send your units to repair the game crashed (At least this happen in the spanish version, so i retired this building <--- you can still building the VCM)

- Sardaukar Available, in fact, they will be you only soldier available (besides engineers).

- You can´t' build light factory.

- Imperial Palace available.

there is a text.uib in english for you (I'm spanish, so if some text in the briefing sounds stupid, sorry, i did the best I could).

And some images:

Oh, and as last note. This maps were make from 0. I didn't use any map existed, I just created my own maps.

Also tried not to copy ideas or objetives from my other mod.

To download this campaign fully update, go here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27354-the-emperor-returns-campaign-for-dune-2000-old-campaign-updated/

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 4

hi, good job, i finished, mission 8 i think very hard, i like it, thank for campaign :)

missions was nice and different, good idea all of them :)

Thanks =). I'm glad you like it.

well  you should    in final mission   add much more AI's to fight with.

Technically I am already using 6 players (I could just add one more enemy)

I prefer adding reinforcements (or starports deliveries), because your allied sometimes is able to group a large army but other times he send weaks attacks and attracts against him (or you) lots of units from the Atreides.

Without a partner to help you try to destroy all the units the Atreides have in defence (plus building more forever) can make the game last for too much for me.

if you are lazy,  capture something , wall up your ally  and let him buld army , then  release it at once :

starport/carryal reinforcements will work surely.   but making it too hard wont work too.   unless you plan survival mode :D

My initial idea is play this map as a "2 player" level. You and your ally have similar land to build, same reinforcements, 1 enemy airstrike aiming each player, a starting VCM... But at the end you are the mighy Corrin and your ally is the no so strong Mercenary, so you need to protect a bit your ally.

"2 airstrikes aiming both" the AI always uses airstrike/nuke on a human player unless the human has very few buildings and there is a stronger enemy AI that he can use airstrike on.

Congrats on the campaign!

And thats the reason because I did the left-side high-tech facility ally with you =), this way he send his airstrike against the mercenary always. Just in case the mercenary are defeated that "player" change his diplomacy against you.

Thanks!

And thats the reason because I did the left-side high-tech facility ally with you =), this way he send his airstrike against the mercenary always. Just in case the mercenary are defeated that "player" change his diplomacy against you.

Thanks!

Oh, that's a smart move, well done! :D

You did a great job here! :) I'm currently at mission 5 (those nasty worms...) and until now the missions are very well designed (landscape, events, objectives). You had some very original ideas, I like that  :) The campaign is also pretty challenging imo.

You did a great job here! :) I'm currently at mission 5 (those nasty worms...) and until now the missions are very well designed (landscape, events, objectives). You had some very original ideas, I like that  :) The campaign is also pretty challenging imo.

Thanks!

In that level i wanted to make the player feel like his is fighting against the inhospitable desert instead the classic "vs enemy base". I'm glad you like it.

Some levels are like "what kind of things I can do using editors" (and the game let me to do).

I need to thanks the guy/s who make the tool kit.

Very nice designed missions, some of them remember me of tiberian sun missions :D

Thanks.

In my other campaign "A new House", I wanted to start a level with a devastator showing an exhibition like the Mammoth MK II destroying soldiers and vehicles, but without any units in the map I didn't know how to make the screen start in the enemy placement (showed with a reveal map), the camera starts positioned in a unexplored area.

You could have placed some unit for human there that dies fast. Not great for a cinematic, but it's the only way I know of, as in dune you cant really set the starting screen, at least not for now. :D

I tried with a wall so no "unit/building lost" (even that wall could be part of the destruction show), but at the end I didn't like how it looks, instead I let the reveal map stay and a give to the player an outpost, so the player can see how looks the "powerful tank" and where it is (if he looks the minimap :P).

• Upvote 2

Impressive..

Mighty mod especially for Corrino House..

Remove useless units and bring in new units..(if you want)

I replaced Ordos house in mine..

Cool ideas..

Will try when possible..

I was thinking about adding a new unit to build when you have the imperial palace, maybe like a flamethrower, but I decided just use the well know units (didn't want to create a to powerfull/useless unit).

You added needed stuff..

Remade maps..

Created a whole new story..

That's well and good with me..

Well I added flamethowing units in mine way back..

And yeah it's same way you thought it would be..

You know what I think when I'm done with "Rise of Corrino Empire "maybe you can help me out in the Sequel??

Or maybe I can help you on something of yours..

(Just a thought)

You added needed stuff..

Remade maps..

Created a whole new story..

That's well and good with me..

Well I added flamethowing units in mine way back..

And yeah it's same way you thought it would be..

You know what I think when I'm done with "Rise of Corrino Empire "maybe you can help me out in the Sequel??

Or maybe I can help you on something of yours..

(Just a thought)

I just based in the dune 2 game to create the story and other things, like not having the light indrustry and giving the Sardaukar without special requeriments.

If I remember well the Corrin in the Dune 2 Megadrive version can build deviator, sonic tank and devastator, so used that idea to give the player something with the imperial palace, and because the Harkonnen and Ordos were allies but they don't exist anymore though was ok giving their weapons to you.

I uploaded the four .bin files, but maybe only 1 or 2 are used. You know which files are really edited? (availability and tech of units/buildings)

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, CM_blast,

I have gruntmods edition and there's other maps with same names as this package. How do I keep these in the same folder so that I can access with Mission Launcher? Rename them to something else?

This specific campaing isn't prepared yet to work with the launcher. I did this campaing when the only way to play custom campaings was overwriting the original campaing, original briefing, etc...

I think (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can rename all the ".map/.mis" files to be able to play the levels, but this files are going to need the exact "text.uib" to be able to read the briefing and show the correct messages in-game. Renaming "Text.uib" isn't an option.

The same with all those ".bin" files. Renaming them is not going to work, and overwriting the originals are going to change the original AND all the other customs campaings (Atreides in Tech 4 can't train troopers, for example).

For now I can suggest to you to search a portable version of Dune 2000 (v1.06, if not D2K+ have the patch) and just overwrite all the stuff in that portable version.

Then just start a new game, choose House Harkonnen (under the Harkonnen logo will appear "Corrino" instead) and just play the 9 levels like you play normally the game (choosing a territory, etc...).

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2016 at 1:00 PM, Ordos said:

link is dead

This one should work fine.

Just as a reminder: This one will overwrite original files like maps, briefing and some stuff that Atreides/Harkonnen/Emperor now can and can't build. Don't forget to do a back up of every file before overwrite, or you will loose things from the original game.

Edited by Cm_blast