VidiWare's Rules+ The Shadow of Arrakis

vidiware

Im making 2 new mods guys

The first one is going to be a really big one! With lot of textures and that stuff, maby some music, is some one can help me++

And the other one is going to be a 'test' for me, to see how things act and how some of the units could be++

And i have a few questions:

Nema Fakei, or other modeller, can you make a ordos skin to the atreides mongoose?

Do you have a skin for a ordos landing pad?

Do you have a skin for a ordos aircraft? (Do you Jacob? Air Mod)

Do you want to help me (this should really have been at the top)?

And you other guys:

Can you get names for ordos and harkonnen and atreides?

Do you have any great tips how to make the mod really cool?

The names are (maby im changing them):

VidiWare's rules (the test mod)

Shadows of Arrakis

Let me guess, you've played BG2.

Ok, the textures you'll need to change for any atreides or harkonnen unit are the "=at_hk_patch...." - there are about nine... make one that looks vaguely ordos - you might want to copy a few bits and pieces  from the =or_in_patch files

BUT make sure all the divisions between texture areas remain the same - so replace a 32x32 section of the texture only with another 32x32 section. And leave blank areas blank.

I do have the textures for the Ordos helipad still from when Nema made them for my mod. You can look at them in one of the Kwisatz Haderach threads. It's attached to a post.

I will halp if you need it.

See you on MSN again.

Beacus this is my first big (this is giong to be my first release too) mod, i want to do the ini editing, sorry!

But im thankful for help if im stuck!

I hope you understand me :-/

Ill see after, the helipad skin

Sorry nema what is BG2 (sorry but i don't think i have played it)

I only found 6 =at_hk_patch_xxxxxxx_256.tga

Do you have a program that accepts tga?

Any good picture makers here?

Im makin 3 totaly new houses! And need pictures for them

Azure Eagles -> Atreides/Corrino (fremen r dead)

Black Panthers -> Ordos/Ix

Rhinos -> Harkonnen/Teilaxu

The only subhouse that will remain is Guild

And the others are open for you ideas!

I think i can make a Devestator-like subhouse with different heavy weapon things, a spy house, Invisible, and other...

Plz help me i need help... for the images!

And the need to be cool

Good place in credit list!

Only a few names so far!

Why dont we make a thing at dune editing, where we can share models/skins, ini enties, voxels shps?

i think that would be cool! if ppl creat new units or change existing ones and wanted to share  for other modders i think it would be great.

looking for a unit just check the dune editing site under units page (or where ever if gob and everone agrees) and there you go.  With all this talk of moding im starting to want to make one too and music as well but i have some ideas for units (cant really but a mod to gether but have some cool units ideas)  so who wants to teach the dj how to mod? ;D

i agree about the sharing idea, but we don't want it to turn out like the mugen 2-D fighting engine. You can go there at www.mugen.elecbyte.com, what it is is a Street Fighter type engine that you can create your own 2-d Fighting games. I made one with over 100 characters and it came out to about 244MB big! But what happened is alot of people took their cahracters and put them up for download on their sites. And all that you saw was a constant repeat of the same characters, all over again. Then people claimed that they made them. That was completely of topic, but...

sure, but like i told vidiware, they look pretty much like solid colors because the Mongoose is so thin. But if you put them on the Minotaurus, they look AWESOME!

these colors your talking about make  a unit look ordosish? what would they look like on a hark ADP? i have some freaky ideas for one... unless someone wants to help me learn how to mod  ;D

Um, well thats different.

Start small.

Get the Rules and Artini text files and put them in their DataModel folder.

Open the rules one. And modify some costs and build times, or change around the turret attaches and stealth or something.

That step did i with ts ra2, so i didn't do it with emperor

I you want to learn the basic of modding ts is a good thing i tink, caus fed2k is not the only place supporting this game, so if u cant get help here, be a guest at another place, (but not 2 long away from fed2k) ::)