[RELEASE] Dune 2000 Mission Editor

mvi

AI segments are all the AI for that particular house. If you copy from one house to another, they will have identical AI.

So, let's say that smugglers have "unassigned" AI. I copy the Atreides Ai to smugglers. They will be active, because the Atreides was active?

So, let's say that smugglers have "unassigned" AI. I copy the Atreides Ai to smugglers. They will be active, because the Atreides was active?

Yep, although obviously that would only really work if in the mission the player was either Harkonnen or Ordos. But if you added a house in a mission, you would have to import AI onto it otherwise the units would just sit there doing nothing.

You're very welcome. Some more cool things to try:

* Do a unit spawn of a death hand, it'll fly off and hit the centre of the map. If you use a timer with the remainder operator (%) you can spawn a deathhand every specified number of ticks, setting it to say 50 will result in it being impossible to move a unit to the centre of the screen and live.

* Do a reinforcement of a death hand, the carryal will drop the death hand at the destination like a bomb.

* Set a unit spawn of a frigate linked to an interval condition that has an interval of 30 and a run count of 8, you'll get 8 frigates circling a point.

done it was fun

Yep, although obviously that would only really work if in the mission the player was either Harkonnen or Ordos. But if you added a house in a mission, you would have to import AI onto it otherwise the units would just sit there doing nothing.

Ok understood, but about building index.. What I wrote above.. Can you tell me how to use that condition (BuildingExists, i mean it's values)

I'm not too sure about the values, I only know a couple:

Atreides

2 Construction Yard

12 Windtrap

22 Refinery

40 Silo

All the indexes are house specific I believe, so those indexes won't work for say Smugglers. I imagine if the smugglers stole the Atreides building it would still use the atreides index though.

I'm not too sure about the values, I only know a couple:

Atreides

2 Construction Yard

12 Windtrap

22 Refinery

40 Silo

All the indexes are house specific I believe, so those indexes won't work for say Smugglers. I imagine if the smugglers stole the Atreides building it would still use the atreides index though.

How can we find these values?

How can we find these values?

Well plenty of missions currently use them, so you could figure out what the existing values are. Other than that just trial and error, unless the indexes align to TibEd (not looked at it) I don't really know of a better way.

Ok, just looked at TibEd for the first time. The Unit indexes match exactly, and from what I can tell the building indexes also match (aside from an offset of 1), I'll write up a list and then include it as a dropdown box (like the unit type) in version 0.3

Ok, in the meantime this list of building indexes appears to be correct. Let me know if it isn't:

0: Atreides Construction Yard

1: Harkonnen Construction Yard

2: Ordos Construction Yard

3: Imperial Construction Yard

4: Atreides Concrete

5: Harkonnen Concrete

6: Ordos Concrete

7: Atreides Test Concrete

8: Harkonnen Test Concrete

9: Ordos Test Concrete

10: Atreides Wind Trap

11: Harkonnen Wind Trap

12: Ordos Wind Trap

13: Atreides Barracks

14: Harkonnen Barracks

15: Ordos Barracks

16: Fremen Barracks

17: Atreides Wall

18: Harkonnen Wall

19: Ordos Wall

20: Atreides Refinery

21: Harkonnen Refinery

22: Ordos Refinery

23: Atreides Medium Gun Turret

24: Harkonnen Medium Gun Turret

25: Ordos Medium Gun Turret

26: Atreides Outpost

27: Harkonnen Outpost

28: Ordos Outpost

29: Atreides Large Gun Turret

30: Harkonnen Large Gun Turret

31: Ordos Large Gun Turret

32: Atreides High Tech Factory

33: Harkonnen High Tech Factory

34: Ordos High Tech Factory

35: Atreides Light Factory

36: Harkonnen Light Factory

37: Ordos Light Factory

38: Atreides Silo

39: Harkonnen Silo

40: Ordos Silo

41: Atreides Heavy Factory

42: Harkonnen Heavy Factory

43: Ordos Heavy Factory

44: Mercenary Heavy Factory

45: Imperial Heavy Factory

46: Atreides Star Port

47: Harkonnen Star Port

48: Ordos Star Port

49: Smuggler Star Port

50: Atreides Repair Pad

51: Harkonnen Repair Pad

52: Ordos Repair Pad

53: Atreides Research Centre

54: Harkonnen Research Centre

55: Ordos Research Centre

56: Atreides Palace

57: Harkonnen Palace

58: Ordos Palace

59: Imperial Palace

60: Special Harkonnen Outpost

61: Special Ordos Outpost

This is really really cool! Thank you very much for this tool! :)

Very small crit: sometimes when scrolling to the sides the screen does not update good, I get repeated tiles....

Er, I take it this is meant to be a comment to either the map editor or the tile set editor?

Released 0.3 now, preset building indexes now completely supported for BuildingExists condition making it trivial to edit this condition (used numbers before). Also fixed a couple of minor crashes.

Beserk means that all units suddenly rush and attack you. In the multiplayer when you're playing an AI player and they decide to sell their base all their units suddenly attack you. This is the same effect.

Beserk means that all units suddenly rush and attack you. In the multiplayer when you're playing an AI player and they decide to sell their base all their units suddenly attack you. This is the same effect.

So all the units attack IF there are no "factories"? So if they can't produce units, like in practice, right?

I have one more question. This one is somehow.. weird xD but: If I make an Imperial base like the mercenaries' from O7V1 (i mean starport and 2 wind traps) and I put the starport delivery events, the AI wait until he has a very big army and attacks with that, being too powerful and destroying too easy my enemies. How can I set him to attack with fewer units, like the mercenaries do in O7V1? You can notice that the mercenaries attack with a little army and very frequent. My emperor attacks with huge army and rarely, and I want to change that!

I have one more question. This one is somehow.. weird xD but: If I make an Imperial base like the mercenaries' from O7V1 (i mean starport and 2 wind traps) and I put the starport delivery events, the AI wait until he has a very big army and attacks with that, being too powerful and destroying too easy my enemies. How can I set him to attack with fewer units, like the mercenaries do in O7V1? You can notice that the mercenaries attack with a little army and very frequent. My emperor attacks with huge army and rarely, and I want to change that!

Use the merc AI from O9v1, or use the emperor AI from 09V1.

I noticed that for example in O9V1 harkonnen receive Carryal reinforcements (about 3 trikes) and after they're deployed they attack. I created reinforcements for AI but they don't attack, they just sit there and don't move. Is there an event to make them to attack like in O9V1 and many other missions? I think that all the Ai reinforcements from the original campaign missions have this "script" to attack after they're deployed.

and about the imperial attacks, using the merc's and emperor's AI from O9V1 didn't solve the problem. Could the reason be that first I used the Ordos AI from H6V1? And after that I overwrote with Ai from O9V1? Or the number of units delivered by the frigate represent a problem?

I noticed that for example in O9V1 harkonnen receive Carryal reinforcements (about 3 trikes) and after they're deployed they attack. I created reinforcements for AI but they don't attack, they just sit there and don't move. Is there an event to make them to attack like in O9V1 and many other missions? I think that all the Ai reinforcements from the original campaign missions have this "script" to attack after they're deployed.

AI always attack after getting carryall reinforcements, except for mercenary AI, which functions quite differently then regular AI.

and about the imperial attacks, using the merc's and emperor's AI from O9V1 didn't solve the problem. Could the reason be that first I used the Ordos AI from H6V1? And after that I overwrote with Ai from O9V1? Or the number of units delivered by the frigate represent a problem?

try setting deploy action to 1.

Small bug: Deleting all conditions gives a program error.

Is there also a way to check if a building does not exist and put an action on that?

Yep, checking its box in the mapping panel will switch it to NOT (e.g. if buildingexists into if NOT buildingexists)