[RELEASE] Dune 2000 Mission Editor

mvi

I'm delighted to announce the release of the first version of the Dune 2000 Mission Editor as part of the D2K+ Toolkit.

Dune 2000 Mission Editor

rN9E1.png

Feature Set:

* Supports editing tech levels, starting money, index allocations, diplomacy, tileset references and time limit * Also supports modifying, adding and deleting of events, conditions and event-condition mappings

Future Work Will Include:

* Supporting AI segment exporting and importing (via new .misai files)

* Coloured diplomacy icons for the three diplomacy types

* Support for unused event types, current build only works with event types present in the campaign mission files. However I believe there are a number of other event types that are possible, this will require more research as there are no working examples of how to use these event types present in the game's mission files.

Special thanks to jbsplash, DaxxXyrax, Devasta and Gruntlord6.

Please note: This is an Alpha release, it is unlikely to be stable and may suffer from bugs. I recommend you back up your mission files/installation before editing.

Download Here

• Upvote 2

aYiIV.jpg

I took the original A1V1 level, then added an event (Unit Spawn, spawning 2 devastators and 2 deviators) as well as a condition (Timer % 200) and a condition mapping link the event to the condition. This meant that every 3.3 (200 / 60) seconds I had 4 new units spawn. Pretty quickly I had the above result.

• Upvote 1

aYiIV.jpg

I took the original A1V1 level, then added an event (Unit Spawn, spawning 2 devastators and 2 deviators) as well as a condition (Timer % 200) and a condition mapping link the event to the condition. This meant that every 3.3 (200 / 60) seconds I had 4 new units spawn. Pretty quickly I had the above result.

Maybe I should post the fremen spawn mishap XD

Hey thx for it.. But one problem

I download it, (111 kb) and when I start the installer it says "<name> is not a valid Win32 application". What's the problem with it? Isn't the download link good?

I tried on 2 PC's and the same result.

Apologies, I uploaded a bug fix last night for a minor bug and my internet must have cut out during the upload.

Uploaded 0.2, this includes:

* Bug fix for a bug where if you deleted an event the event-mapping panel wasn't cleared

* Support for exporting AI segments to file (.misai) and importing these segments to overwrite the AI. It is worth noting that I haven't had an awful lot of success at replacing AI, so I leave it to someone who has replaced AI more than me to determine if this is working correctly.

Apologies, I uploaded a bug fix last night for a minor bug and my internet must have cut out during the upload.

Uploaded 0.2, this includes:

* Bug fix for a bug where if you deleted an event the event-mapping panel wasn't cleared

* Support for exporting AI segments to file (.misai) and importing these segments to overwrite the AI. It is worth noting that I haven't had an awful lot of success at replacing AI, so I leave it to someone who has replaced AI more than me to determine if this is working correctly.

Ok I understand but xD this one is also not working. I double-click on it but nothing happenes, no window appeares and no process. Do I have to put it in some folder? or what's the reason that it's not opening?

I've just tried it and it worked.

Ensure that the filename you've downloaded is MissionEditorV0.2.exe and that its size is 229 KB. Is the exe icon a red flag?

Also, what operating system are you on?

If you are on an old operating system you may need to install the .net framework, although it's pretty rare that a computer doesn't already have it installed these days.

I've just tried it and it worked.

Ensure that the filename you've downloaded is MissionEditorV0.2.exe and that its size is 229 KB. Is the exe icon a red flag?

Also, what operating system are you on?

If you are on an old operating system you may need to install the .net framework, although it's pretty rare that a computer doesn't already have it installed these days.

Yes it is 229 kb

I have windows xp sp 3, the fiilename is correct.

Also I see the red flag. I really idk what's wrong

I tried it on my 2nd computer (winXP sp2) and there I have the "don't send error" after I double-click on it..

Both have .NET framework 4

1 problem I could say with this editor is that it doesnt save my changes is it glitched?

I tried to change the Starport Reinforcement Trigger for Ordos mission 5 so instead of getting an MCV I would get 3 quads and 2 combat tanks with it and I did sav but later when I opened O5V1 again the Starport Reinforcement was only showing MCV again and in game I still got only an MCV

1 problem I could say with this editor is that it doesnt save my changes is it glitched?

I tried to change the Starport Reinforcement Trigger for Ordos mission 5 so instead of getting an MCV I would get 3 quads and 2 combat tanks with it and I did sav but later when I opened O5V1 again the Starport Reinforcement was only showing MCV again and in game I still got only an MCV

Remember to click apply when you change an event's or condition's variables. If you save (or click another event, then click back) without hitting apply your variable changes will be discarded. I'm going to make it apply automatically in the next version, I know it's a little fiddly but there'll be a tutorial for it soon :)

Remember to click apply when you change an event's or condition's variables. If you save (or click another event, then click back) without hitting apply your variable changes will be discarded. I'm going to make it apply automatically in the next version, I know it's a little fiddly but there'll be a tutorial for it soon :)

oh now it worked

thank you MVI and by the way I did the same thing you did for A1V1 lol Deviator and Devastator spamming IN THE FIRST MISSION

oh now it worked

thank you MVI and by the way I did the same thing you did for A1V1 lol Deviator and Devastator spamming IN THE FIRST MISSION

You're very welcome. Some more cool things to try:

* Do a unit spawn of a death hand, it'll fly off and hit the centre of the map. If you use a timer with the remainder operator (%) you can spawn a deathhand every specified number of ticks, setting it to say 50 will result in it being impossible to move a unit to the centre of the screen and live.

* Do a reinforcement of a death hand, the carryal will drop the death hand at the destination like a bomb.

* Set a unit spawn of a frigate linked to an interval condition that has an interval of 30 and a run count of 8, you'll get 8 frigates circling a point.

Yes it is 229 kb

I have windows xp sp 3, the fiilename is correct.

Also I see the red flag. I really idk what's wrong

I tried it on my 2nd computer (winXP sp2) and there I have the "don't send error" after I double-click on it..

Both have .NET framework 4

Can anyone help me???

I took a look at Task Manager; the process for the MissionEditor starts, but it disapeares very fast. That's why the program doesn't start, something is "killing" the process? Please help me

wow !

I right-clicked on it and cliked on "run as" and I chose the current user (the current user is also the administrator) I did this without a reason, just being angry cyz the prog doesn't work. After i clicked on "run as" and chose the user, i had the following error message:

<As the title of the error window" -> MissionEditorV0.2.exe - .NET Framework Initialization error AND THE ERROR TEXT: "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application" But I have .NET Framework 4.. What's the problem? Btw, this is on my primary pc, NOT in the one with the above uploaded error screenshot (so the computer which has the "process killing" problem) . Maybe this information is more important.

Ok I`ll try it but now I have a little internet connection and I can`t download with high-speed. :( unfortunately

If I have .NET framework 2, 3.5 and 4 could be a problem? Do many versions work on one PC?

By the way, can you explain a bit about the AI segments? What are those exactly? They switch AI from unassigned to passive or active? Or what does that function do?

And what about the building index? I guess that is the number that defines the building. But for example which is the value for Starport? Or for Ix Research center?

By the way, can you explain a bit about the AI segments? What are those exactly? They switch AI from unassigned to passive or active? Or what does that function do?

And what about the building index? I guess that is the number that defines the building. But for example which is the value for Starport? Or for Ix Research center?

AI segments are all the AI for that particular house. If you copy from one house to another, they will have identical AI.