How to stop Minotaur/Minotaurs+mongoose storm

Egregius

I call it storm because when you got 5+ minos&mongoose then it's no rush anymore :P

So how do you A) stop a storm of minotaurs?

B) stop a storm of minotaurs combined with mongoose(plural)?

I could only think about a few, please add.

-Atreides: A)

1) Ornis shred em, if opponent forgets AA.

2) Mongoose that walk around? Dont think that would work.

3) drawing fire with that fast small vehicle, and then minos/mongoose to finish it. Works only if opponent doesnt micro well.

4) Picking em up with advanced carry-alls, and take em back to base where you got mongoose/RTs ready.

-Atreides: B)

-??????? Just more minos? More mongoose?

-Ordos: A)

NO cost-efficient air vs ground!

1) lasertanks that circle the mino...but with groups of minos that might not work...and when you're using too many lasers it wont be as effective. And one laser just blows vs big groups.

2) Kobras on ridges...but you'd have to be well-prepared and placed.

3) Picking em up with advanced carry-alls, and take em back to base where you got troopers/apcs ready.

4) Hit and run tactics with a fast vehicle drawing the fire, and a deviator or 2 infecting one or two vehicles at a time. Tricky

-Ordos: B)

Fast vehicles are pretty useless when rockets fly after your vehicles...and troopers just get shredded by minos. So how?

1) Hit and run tactics with a fast vehicle drawing the fire, and a deviator or 2 infecting one or two vehicles at a time. Very tricky with mongoose around. (got this one from the guy with the site who posted somewhere else on this board)

-Harkonnen: A)

1) Just more tanks?

2) Devastators always work well..unless the opponent runs away while shooting...then you just have to drop devastators near them.

3) Gunships or ADPs kill!

4) Advanced carryall lift once more.

5)Missile tanks...equal amount to the minos.

-Harkonnen: B)

1) Devastators? Devastaros mixed with tanks?

2) Missile tanks, with assault tanks to distract the mongoose and the shots from the minos.

-Fremen A)

1) Fedaykin can kill solitary minos easily if they are as close as safely possible, and then all shoot at once.

Groups are just a whole lot trickier innit?

2) Get more fedaykin then possible with several groups you are sure that can take minos out..preferrably hit opp from behind so minos have to turn around first, and hope you kill more minos than they can get shots at your fremen...or you lose.

3) Distract with lone fremen snipers popping up and dissapearing while you execute 2)

4) make fremen pop up in between minos so they hit eachother. (taken from that one guy's site)

-Fremen: B)

See under A)

-Sardaukar: A)

1) Spread out groups of either mix or elites. As long as they're spread out. Best in combination with a good decoy (like dustscout). Possibly you need to come at different directions at once, or from the side

-Sardaukar: B)

See above, but bring extra distraction vehicles from when the first gets broke.

-Tleilaxu: A)

1) A leech is fast enough to dodge the shots from minos. Hit several and run. Zigzag/run sideways towards the minos. Get a feeling for the timing of the mino shots so you can start running circles when they're about to shoot again.

-Tleilaxu: B)

1) you'll probably lose a lot more leeches but use method above. Otherwise you're just screwed.

-Guild: A)

1) Teleport NIABS behind minos, but spread out. Helps if you have multiple groups assigned to keys. Teleport very near to minos so they hit eachother. Otherwise this is just too costly a method.

2) Since NIABs are so fast, you might be able to zigzag/move sideways towards the minos, and hit them in between their firing. Use multiple NIABS, but spread out. Takes a lot of microing.

-Guild: B)

Too costly...give up. Otherwise target mongoose first I guess.

-Ix: A)

1) Infiltrators baby! Just try to hit more then one at a time, preferrably from an angle so they have to turn first so they dont kill them off before you explode.

2) Project a lot of long range vehicles (invine catapults/missiletanks/minos/kobras even?) and slowly wear opponent down...with so many minos it's gona be HARD!

-Ix: B)

Only 2) from above applies, mongoose finish off your infiltrators too fast.

Unless you use a lot of infiltrators to hit the enemy at once.

Additions VERY welcome!

Its good when you are Ordos when you have super weapon in the same time that "Storm" is coming. Or you can even wait with lightning when you see that enemy preparing to move those all minos on you and put it when they will be close to your base. They will kill each other and those that lasted, can kill a few kobras.

With Harks I usually use combination missiles/gunships. I send missiles and gunships in the same time, missiles kill mangooses and gunships that are safe then kill minos. Of corse you can have two gunships on mino but you can have one and use missiles to finish them. If there are "only" a lot of minos you can take ACs with devas and put them in these range area quickly without wasting time for going in their range by their own.

"teleport them behind the mino's"

isn't it better to just micromanage ur niab's behind the mino's instead of teleporting them there?

they do need some time before working properly again.

You're probably right. I'm not sure, as I'm speculating a lot on what I'd try in a game if I were ever to play against humans again. :)

"that guy" is Emprworm.

he had the best way to kill them as hark, drop some devas right next to then use the same ACs to pick up some of theirs. Works like a charm. If there are mongooses, suicide a gunship first so that the devas have time to land.(while the geese reload)

Always ally Fremen, no matter what.

you can use a warrior to pop up in the middle and the splash damage hurts them.(also from emprworm) If you are ordos use this distraction to deviate one or two.

You can use a fedaykin group to suicide-ambush the mongeese, then use ornis/gunships to take out the minos. You can use IX to project distractions while the big boys hit and run, or project inkvine, or missiles who shoot a volley then vanish. If you use tleilaxu, then suicide something cheap first, then go in and hit all the mongeese, leaving him open to air.

If he has Airdrones...

If you have guild then the key is to send some suicide people while you hit them with some makers, enormous splash damage=good. Or the NIABs can use their speed and excellent weapon to hit after distraction, then teleport away.

If he has repair, then kill them first.

Thats about all I can think of. www.songwave.com/dune has good strats for this.

• 3 weeks later...

You should have tons of ADP if you are Hark sure they're slow and they suck but after you take care the Mongooses they should be high-ranking and then they kill the Mino's fast - ground defense have tons of missile tanks and Assault support don't use devas he'll block your other units and he probably die before the storm gets into his range.

Its good have as much missiles as enemy has minos/mangooses and send them to storm, while missile destroys them in one shot. Deva aren`t bad, as Ken said and I said before, AC works then, even if a lot of mangooses support minos, its not far enough to destroy AC with them. And if deva is in range, it destroying it fast. You can put there two devas.

• 2 weeks later...

if you'll go for low tech fight with the harkonned i would suggest 1 buzz, and 3 tanks per mino. it's a bit costly, and pulls your balance behind the enemy's, but it is useful when handeling groups of minos, mixed with mongooses. you could support a "team" like that with 2 inkvines, or better yet one missile tank. while it stays behind, and all these assault units get the damage, it manages to kill even the top-ranked minos.

air weaponry should be used for defence and assault AFTER you know that your opponent can't hold `em back!

• 4 weeks later...