How do i upgrade the units?

Guest gotnho

• 3 weeks later...

too bad shai hulud's can EAT air units ;D

No I wasn't talking about VERTICAL worms. I know that they can eat aerial units, but I was talking about worms that skim the sand horizontally. They can NOT eat aerial units (unless of course the aircraft is sitting nicely on the sand waiting ::) ). Since ADPs are produced at the hanger and are therefore only momentarily on the ground (and on rock) they are very safe from worms that are skimming the sand because they never return to the ground after they lift off.

Ok back on topic. In a nutshell, here are some quick tips for getting units chevrons.

1. Pick up Minos with Advanced Carryalls and the let Devastators or Missile Tanks kill them. You can do this with AA troopers, APCs, and any unit that has AA capability.

2. Shoot VERTICAL worms. Great for Chemical Troopers and Flame Tanks.

3. Kill light infantry with units that can kill infantry in the truckloads. (e.g. Minotauruses, Flame Tanks, Inkvine Catapults, etc).

The minotaurus might do a good job in doing this, but an Inkvine is far from good while Flame Tank's range is too short.

Inkvine Catapults are brilliant against Atreides players who just defend. They can hit Minos from outside the Mino's range, and can hit deployed Kindjal and take them out VERY nicely. The screams and burning infantry are also quite entertaining, and if you hit a large group of deployed Kindjal with an Inkvine Catapult, you'l probably get a chevron from it. :D