Dragons Den AKA Shark Tank

Mahdi

As anyone who visits the tech support forum knows (Damn you virus'!) I started watching Dragons Den (Canadian version) and Shark Tank (same show, Americanized, hence the different name).  I really enjoy aspects of it, but hate the overly dramatized elements which the American version seems to have toned down.  I also noticed the difference in tone of the Canadian vs. American shows - even though both share some of the cast the American one is considerably... meaner.  It's like they hired the guys from the Canadian show and said "Do what you do on the CBC - But be bigger dicks".    Personally, I'd also like more focus on the good ideas than the bad.  Just like with Idol and its counterparts you know the screeners purposly sent in people to be eiscerated by the judges and I find that a lot mroe boring than the actual good ideas and subsequent negotiations/business details.

Does anyone else watch these shows?  Has anyone seen other countries versions?  I know there are British and Japanese counterparts.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen it a few times (I think I've seen each version once or twice), despite not having cable.  It's interesting to see all the different ideas out there... even the ones they turn away.  Sometimes, the sharks/dragons seem to be a lot harsher than they need to be to get their point across.  But I guess they wouldn't get the same ratings if they rejected ideas with a polite thanks-but-no-thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching shark tank now. Not as good as dragons den. Probably more usa (game show) oriented which annoys me (same setup and feel, spend more time on background noises/music than content).

Currently arguing over turbo baster. Something you'd find on infomercial.

EDIT:

wtf $250,000 for 50% of a book deal? She only made $50k in 1 year profit ($200k invested), and $180k revenue. Of course it was non dragon den people that made offers. Would never happen on dragons den. lol dumb book writer countered with bad deal.