Room Escape

Dragoon Knight

I considered putting this topic in the Gaming section, but since it appeals to a wider audience of puzzle enthusiasts, I thought it better to put it in General.

I've always been a fan of "Room Escape" puzzles; these are most commonly Flash games where you are (for some obscure reason) stuck in a room and must solve a series of logical, spatial or mathematical puzzles to escape.  Another important part is observation, as key clues / tools to solve said puzzles are often cunningly hidden around the room.

They range in tone and difficulty; the most common are slightly spooky and moderately difficult.  A select few are really quite challenging.  I've taken it upon myself to find the links to five of my favourite Room Escape puzzles - they're all free, regardless of any messages you might see.  I hope you all enjoy them. :)

The Crimson Room - The first Room Escape puzzle I ever played.  Still challenging enough to entertain.

The Viridian Room - Sequel to The Crimson Room.  Slightly tougher, definitely more spooky.

The Blue Chamber - Offshoot to the two previous Coloured Room Escape puzzles; much shorter and not nearly as hard, but fun nonetheless.

The White Chamber - The latest in the Coloured Room Escape puzzles; much harder than its predecessors and notably spookier.

EDIT: It would seem that the site for the above 4 games doesn't like direct linking to the games.  Clicking the links above will take you to the homepage, where you'll find links to the individual games. :)

White Room - This game is hosted on a foreign site (Yugoslavian university?) so I don't know the proper name, but it is the single most challenging Room Escape puzzle I've come across.  Not spooky at all, unless you count the feeling of isolation, but this is guaranteed to make you scratch your head for a while.  Not for novices!

Have fun, and feel free to discuss the puzzles in this thread.  Use spoiler tags if asking for help or posting progress (i.e. anything that might spoil the experience for others). :)

I never did play any of those games anywhere but a well lit room.  With other people present. :P

I am so going to lock you in a well-crafted puzzle room one day.

It may or may not have a body in it.

The body may or may not be yours.

Yay, I finished the white chamber, it was quite easy.

That Asian guy (who appears when you click on the door) kinda startled me. >.>

Try the white room.

I am so going to lock you in a well-crafted puzzle room one day.

It may or may not have a body in it.

The body may or may not be yours.

:'(

[hide]The third (hidden) code panel (partly due to the fact that the letters located on the code panel walls were so small they were hard to identify)... >_>

I thought the most imbecilic of them was the left/first code panel, as it requires piano knowledge, which I have none of (until now of course).[/hide]