Duisburg

Dunenewt

you probably mean duisburg if you are talking about the german city. it's a pretty ugly city but so are most cities around that area. it's an industrial area where all the coal mines were built decades ago and most cities in that area are very close on the map. I had some relatives who lived and moved within these cities like duisburg, essen, dortmund, gelsenkirchen, bochum... and never liked any of these cities. the zoo in duisburg was pretty cool though - but then again it's probably 18-20 years ago that I went there.

actually some dutch guys might be closer to the city than I am. I live in the beautiful city of hamburg and duisburg is approximately 400km away from here while for example amsterdam or rotterdam are only around 200km away - and those cities are already two of the destinations in holland which are further away from duisburg than cities like eindhoven or arnhem.

so are you going to duisburg? do you know somebody there you are going to visit or why are you going there when there are much nicer cities you could visit?

it's an industrial area where all the coal mines were built decades ago and most cities in that area are very close on the map. I had some relatives who lived and moved within these cities like duisburg, essen, dortmund, gelsenkirchen, bochum... and never liked any of these cities.

Wolfgang Petry has a catchy song about that area ;)

Each Christmas I am in Bochem (don't ask). And like Vek mentioned, what's your reason of interrest?

If you do visit Germany I highly recommend a trip to Berlin.

Vek,

Have you ever been to the zoo in Berlin. Next to the aquarium in Barcelona it's my favorite place of animal captivity...

sounds like a Fed2K Germany meet-up.

(NaMp's also in that area and he can use all the moral support he can get, and my half years trip to Berlin is due in October)

You know until C&C3 I never knew it's Cologne in English. I've always knows it as K

How about this idea. A friend of mine lives in a small town near Hamm (I guess) and I've never visited him before (he has been to Hamburg though on several occasions). Maybe I can plan a trip an visit him. Then we meet up in Duisburg or some place close and drive to Venlo (Dutch territory  ;D ). Maybe some Dutch Fed2K guys will come as well. Then we visit this place: http://www.taurusworld.nl/

From what I've heard so far this place is pretty cool. There's gaming, bowling, food and beverages ... AND there's the Laser Adventure (Laserdome...). If some of you are interested I can check out some details and do some planning. It might become a Fed2K meet-up after all  :)

If I stay a my friend's place and we decide to go there I'm sure we will go there by car and can pick you up on the way. But even if we all go by train (so we all can enjoy a drink and a smoke  ;D )... Venlo is just across the Dutch border and it's not a very long distance.

• 2 weeks later...

that depends on where you are looking. prices can be so different from city to city, heck even from different parts of the city.

if you compare the 3 big cities berlin, hamburg and munich you'll be surprised how huge the difference in prices can be.

• 1 month later...