you can ally with ai

AMIgaBot

Finally, I did it!

Now we can set any diplomacy between players in ANY .MIS file!

What u have to do:

First, you have to edit files with some hex editor, to keep file size (68 066 bytes)

Open .mis file, and go to offset "EE18" - there diplomacy settings are stored.

Now edit hex values in accordance with this:

---------------------

Dune 2000 alliance settings in .mis files

Hex values: "00" for "ally", "01" for "enemy", "02" for "neutral"

for self-diplomacy default is "00" (ally)

WARNING!!! Setting "neutral" or "enemy" for self-diplomacy can cause the game to crash!!!

Offset    Diplomacy

Player 1 diplomacy: [human]

EE18:  self-diplomacy (if set to "enemy", player's units will destroy each other!)

EE19:  1-sided attitude player 1 to player 2

EE1A:  1-sided attitude player 1 to player 3

EE1B:  1-sided attitude player 1 to player 4

EE1C:  1-sided attitude player 1 to player 5

EE1D:  1-sided attitude player 1 to player 6

Player 2 diplomacy: [AI]

EE20: 1-sided attitude player 2 to player 1

EE21:  self-diplomacy (if set to "enemy", player's units will destroy each other!)

EE22: 1-sided attitude player 2 to player 3

EE23: 1-sided attitude player 2 to player 4

EE24: 1-sided attitude player 2 to player 5

EE25: 1-sided attitude player 2 to player 6

Player 3 diplomacy: [AI]

EE28: 1-sided attitude player 3 to player 1

EE29: 1-sided attitude player 3 to player 2

EE2A: self-diplomacy (if set to "enemy", player's units will destroy each other!)

EE2B: 1-sided attitude player 3 to player 4

EE2C: 1-sided attitude player 3 to player 5

EE2D: 1-sided attitude player 3 to player 6

Player 4 diplomacy: [AI]

EE30:  1-sided attitude player 4 to player 1

EE31:  1-sided attitude player 4 to player 2

EE32:  1-sided attitude player 4 to player 3

EE33:  self-diplomacy (if set to "enemy", player's units will destroy each other!)

EE34:  1-sided attitude player 4 to player 5

EE35:  1-sided attitude player 4 to player 6

Player 5 diplomacy: [AI]

EE38:  1-sided attitude player 5 to player 1

EE39:  1-sided attitude player 5 to player 2

EE3A:  1-sided attitude player 5 to player 3

EE3B:  1-sided attitude player 5 to player 4

EE3C:  self-diplomacy (if set to "enemy", player's units will destroy each other!)

EE3D:  1-sided attitude player 5 to player 6

Player 6 diplomacy: [AI]

EE40:  1-sided attitude player 6 to player 1

EE41:  1-sided attitude player 6 to player 2

EE42:  1-sided attitude player 6 to player 3

EE43:  1-sided attitude player 6 to player 4

EE44:  1-sided attitude player 6 to player 5

EE45:  self-diplomacy (if set to "enemy", player's units will destroy each other!)

---------------------

Tested, all works.

but it work on two sides? so if i use this to ally in atreides mission with mercenary ..the diplomacy will work  2 way or i have to find  location to  make ai ally me

these values can be used to create diplomacy trainer program for dune2000.

so lets start another. what about reinforcements , crates etc.

in ultraedit i see only stuff like

ee10h

ee20h

ee30h

ee40h

ee50h

ee60h

ee70h

ee80h

so what im doing wrong

but it work on two sides? so if i use this to ally in atreides mission with mercenary ..the diplomacy will work  2 way or i have to find  location to  make ai ally me

For example, you (atreides, human) is player 1, and mercenaries (ai)... for example player 5. First, ally player 1 with player 5, setting hex value to "00" at offset EE1C. This will show your location to AI and will prevent your units from attacking his, but AI will still attack you. Then, ally 5 with 1, setting "00" at offset EE38. This will prevent AI from attacking you and AI location will be revealed to you. Simple.

in ultraedit i see only stuff like

ee10h

ee20h

ee30h

ee40h

ee50h

ee60h

ee70h

ee80h

so what im doing wrong

I don't know this editor... Try to find in menus smth like "go to offset...", enter it and edit...

i got another hex editor  and i found the  mysterious thing..

problem is with atreides mission 8. i want make harkonnen ally atreides. but cant seem get it to work. i

have tried four hex editors but  failed. one  has found  nessecary values but not all. so i cant set ally/neutral/enemy to evryone.   what one you are using right now. because im bored on googling for them

i got ally smuggler but cant find hark offset

ooo and i did it. i made my own base neutral. and i attacked myself so all my units attacked each other.. it was funny.. problem is that i  put on map mercenary buldings and made them ally me. but they do notthing. i gave them 4 wind traps 2 refineries 3 heavy factories construction yard .and two harvesters. they  harvest spice but not produce tanks. 

i got another hex editor  and i found the  mysterious thing..

problem is with atreides mission 8. i want make harkonnen ally atreides. but cant seem get it to work. i

have tried four hex editors but  failed. one  has found  nessecary values but not all. so i cant set ally/neutral/enemy to evryone.  what one you are using right now. because im bored on googling for them

i got ally smuggler but cant find hark offset

it seems that u have advanced hex editor. because u can see all values. i can only few :/

Hm, there's nothing mysterious. Atreides are "Player 1", Harkonnen - "Player 2". So, you change to "00" offsets EE19 and EE20. I've just tested. Works. Harkonnen allied with Atreides on mission 8.

As for editor - i used WinHex.

i got it now.  . . diplomacy was easy.  large problem could be finding reinforcement scripting.

..i have tried edit .skirmish.uil file to increase amount of crates but the thing gave no result. since crates are available for all. there is no need to put crate to specified house.

lets hunt for another values

-------------

I FOUND SOMETHIN FUNNIER THAN ELSE.   i made sandworm ally !!  it wont eat my units anymore haha

Oh, ic. There are actually 8 players. 8th is "fremen", also controls sandworms...

the sandworm.. sandworm was also house. but not intend to play..

i have idea .. do u know how to switch owner of units?..

i think you can help with the thing..

what i mean? i mean to put on map with shai hulid some buldings of  ordos atreides harkonnen.. and use hex editor to change owner to player 8 to see what happen..second problem will be scripting .  the  "new" ai wont do any action.. we must then somehow set  player 8 to  make ti work, produce tanks, harvest spice etc.

And for the your dune2000.cfg, how to be fremen? what i must do?

And can someone answer this? :

Example-

Rename e.g. Ordos mission 4 (both mis and map files) to Harkonnen mission 4. and load harkonnen mission 4.

You are on the same map as the 4th mission for ordos, but you "control" Harkonnen... so where is the house control data, if not in .mis file?

P.s - Amigabot, for your question, you meant I can help, or JBSLASH can help, or who?

i released my modified dune2000.cfg file..

when u start game with it  DONT SELECT COLOR.!!! OTHERWISE YOU WILL SPLASH IT OFF. u can seelct any house, ai units, money, technology,  and other stuff but dont touch color.  when u play  you can notice yourself a grey.. 

there is possible to be fremen but u cant have fremen sietch.

And how did you do it?

And can someone answer this? :

Example-

Rename e.g. Ordos mission 4 (both mis and map files) to Harkonnen mission 4. and load harkonnen mission 4.

You are on the same map as the 4th mission for ordos, but you "control" Harkonnen... so where is the house control data, if not in .mis file?

P.s - Amigabot, for your question, you meant I can help, or JBSLASH can help, or who?