mission editing

AMIgaBot

o edit maps i use shaihulud..to edit base i play mission then turn shaihulud ...now load to editor and back to game..to edit easy open a4v1.map now load h7v1 move to left enable select mode  go tm game load hark 7mission  move to left and look around ..rest is posted on top deck of topic

hey i found another dune mystery....string editor gave me another secret ,in middle of editor i got line that tell me that game has key list..grid options.stealth mode.microphone etc    soon i add more missions...... ordos 4v1.5v1.6v1.6v2.7v1. Hark 4v1 5v1 6v1 6v2 7v1  atreides 4v1 5v1 6v1 6v2 7v1    auxillary edition

add pic where i added merc base o9v1 o8v1 ...im rewritting missions to fix errors,  four days to latest release.........i changing all maps to hard them .........but only way to improwe gameplay is reading data in .mis files..... we wait for effects  as this heavy task

add pic where i added merc base o9v1 o8v1 ...im rewritting missions to fix errors,  four days to latest release.........i changing all maps to hard them .........but only way to improwe gameplay is reading data in .mis files..... we wait for effects  as this heavy task

I already patched your levels, some of them needed a HUGE overhall.

• 4 weeks later...

taking note, how r u guys gettin the maps to be viewable/playable? i have to right a whole new cd to have the changes take effect.

@gruntlord6: now those buildings and harvester r fremen right?

yep ;D

on a side note, aimegabot, you levels are all thrown together in one zip, its impossible to navigate.also, whats with the files named aftewr .MIS files in .txt format?(H4V1.txt) etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im trying to redit some missions myself using shai hulud, the only problem im having is understanding which factions you are able to ally with. I know the ordos are with the mercs, but in missions below 7 on the ordos campaign, they are not allied with mercs, for example i took a mercenary base from ordos 9 and put in a ordos 5, and they appear as ordos enemies. It probably has to do with the .mis file. But if the other houses have allies and have productive bases to help you out lemme know

the .mis contain the building and unit data, for example where the buildings are placed and units. They also contain the objectives, like destroy enemy base, or capture, and also alliance settings. I only know this because you can actually rename the .mis to another mission for example, if you change the name of O9V1.mis to A4V1.mis you will instead be allied with the harkonnen and sardukar in that mission, BUT when i tried this, the AI handels your base, you can control individual units, but the AI automatically builds, attacks, etc. Its a quite interesting concept and also shows that these files contain AI data as well. SO, if we were to open and edit these .mis files, campaigns can be edited to our liking, in which i hope someday happens

• 3 weeks later...

Im trying to redit some missions myself using shai hulud, the only problem im having is understanding which factions you are able to ally with. I know the ordos are with the mercs, but in missions below 7 on the ordos campaign, they are not allied with mercs, for example i took a mercenary base from ordos 9 and put in a ordos 5, and they appear as ordos enemies. It probably has to do with the .mis file. But if the other houses have allies and have productive bases to help you out lemme know

.mis contains reinforcements and allies,starting money, ai etc....

any unit not in the .mis is cosidered an enemy and has no ai.

• 4 months later...