Do you want blue within blue eyes?

Dunenewt

i would want pure white ones lol i remember seeing someone with those, i looked at them and then looked back where i was walking then loked back and jumped like 2 feet in the air, and the hair on the back of my neck stood straight out it freaked me out lol i wanna do that to people

• 2 months later...

Not sure about the customs here of resurrecting older threads, but this one caught my attention...

Yes, the blue-within-blue eyes look bizarre. But to us, it's not what we're used to. I'm sure that in the Dune times, it's common enough that people wouldn't be overly freaked by it. And it's a natural process due to spice consumption, so any health concerns would be weeded out of the gene pool.

That said... No, I personally would not want eyes like that. I wouldn't mind the benefits of the spice without that particular side-effect, but in the end I just want eyes that function.

I wouldn't make a good Fremen. I've already got blue eyes, but the rest of me wouldn't be very believable as a Fremen woman.

Besides, I used to work backstage in one of our local theatre companies, usually in the props or costume departments. That's the kind of participation I'd prefer, if they didn't want somebody who knows the book well enough to be able to tell them when they're messing up some detail that would make the hardcore fans eviscerate them for the next 20 years.  ;)

Well, maybe a cameo, but not as a Fremen. Trust me, it just wouldn't work. I could be an extra in Shaddam's court, though.

Besides, I'm not much for acting. I had the opportunity to be part of the final musical number of a play we were doing for the grand opening of the new college arts center 20+ years ago... the only thing that pushed me out on that stage was the fact that my grandmother was in the audience, and she'd have killed and then disowned me if I hadn't done it. She figured I'd put in all those years of tech work, and deserved to be "in the show."

Well, those who work the tech crews are in the show, no matter if it's on a theatre stage or a movie set. Everybody plays their parts, whether large or small, and they're all essential to make the finished product turn out right.

Wouldn't you want even a cameo role, just to tell your kids about?

So a true Dune fan wants to participate in the Dune movie? Even if I were given an offer to play in it (which is extremely unlikely anyway), I doubt that I'd be especially happy about it... ???