Kane's Wrath

Dunenewt

Are we speaking about the same ''going gold'' here? ???

Here in SA a game only goes gold 2 or 3 years after it's release, and ''going gold'' refers to the game becoming much cheaper because it is old, somewhat like clearance sales discounts.

Are we speaking about the same ''going gold'' here? ???

Here in SA a game only goes gold 2 or 3 years after it's release, and ''going gold'' refers to the game becoming much cheaper because it is old, somewhat like clearance sales discounts.

Maybe this will patch things up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31531.html

Clearly someone has forgotten the fate that befell Seth in the first C&C...

What do you mean? I haven't played Tiberium Wars.

Yeah I know he was from way back. Shot by Kane in the middle of a mission briefing, if I remember correctly. I don't know what the trailer has to do with him and his fate though.

Well, the trailer shows a Nod leader denouncing Kane and apparently trying to overthrow him (or his legacy, if he thinks Kane is dead). The last person to try that was Seth.

I don't remember using any ion cannon as Nod. There was a mission in which you had to capture the advanced communication centre (the structure that gives you the ion cannon) as an objective. The mission would simply end after that.

Since when were you able to use a superweapon (not really super in the first C&C like in the various spin-offs later) to destroy a city?

From the Wikipedia page of the Eiffel Tower:

1995: In the real-time strategy game of Command & Conquer, the tower is one of four selectable targets for the Global Defense Initiative's hijacked Ion Cannon weapon during the ending sequence of the Brotherhood of Nod scenario.

Yes, that was the very special Nod ending, where you first got a cutscene with Nod cyberspace soldiers (one of them played by Frank Klepacki BTW) hacking the Ion Cannon controls, and then Kane allowed you to choose a target for an Ion Cannon strike (the four targets being the Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower, the White House and the Brandenburg Gate). When the credits rolled, you were showed a newscast telling that the attack was blamed on the GDI, signifying their defeat.

What are you talking about? Nod is clearly the side of progress and justice. ;D

I wanted to say something similar, but Nod is called BadGuy in the internal C&C language (e.g. "Scenario 1 control for house BadGuy."), so they are bad guys "ontologically", although I agree and would side with Nod, not GDI :P