Heresy grows from idleness

Edric O

Just started playing it, very similar so far to Dark Crusade with expand elements. Only playing the Blood Ravens at the moment, always play my favourites first.

The Sisterhood look interesting but only went through one skirmish tutorial with them though.

I might have to wait till it is officially released before I can check with the local distributors here if they're going to bring it in. If no arrangements can be made, I'll have to settle for Amazon (UK).

Screenshots? How about trying the demo? You get to explore the entire Dark Eldar tech tree. I'm not sure about planet-jumping but I've read that the planets you can take over are not as large (in the game space sense) as the single large planet in Dark Crusade. So it's sort of one giant planet split into several smaller planets. Air units behave in a very queer manner though. Almost exactly like air units in warcraft II. Think of it as permanently mid-air assault marines.

The campaign for Soulstorm was a little disappointing. As Gunner said, the planets are tiny, and some territories are hard to spot. You can't change the view in the planetary screen, which makes this even more annoying.

I heard the campaign covers multiple planets now. How do you do planet-jumping?

And btw, screenshots would be appreciated. ;)

Extending on what Alchemi said, you jump planets using 'Ancient Gates'. Their icon looks like the one for the Eldar Webway Gate. That's probably what it is, come to think of it.

Well, I guess I'll be enjoying the scripted campaigns more then.

Is it possible to play as the Dark Eldar and the Sisters Of Battle in the Dark Crusade campaign?

Oh, and how does the combination of games work? Does the main menu in Soulstorm allow me to play the campaigns for all 4 games, or only the Soulstorm campaign? Or are all of them using the same executable, so it becomes one mega package at once?

Do you need to log in just to play singleplayer like post-patch Company Of Heroes?

With Soulstorm alone you can play all races in the Soulstorm campaign. No mega-executable yet, so to be able to play Winter Assault's campaign you would need to open Winter Assault 

If you only have Soulstorm, you cannot play all of the races in multiplayer. Only Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar can be played. If you added the original DOW to Soulstorm you could play as SM, Eldar, Orks and Chaos in multiplayer as well as Dark Eldar and the SoB. It continues like that.

If you installed all four games, you would have to open Soulstorm to play all the races. So, if you opened Dark Crusade, you would not be able to play the SoB and the Dark Eldar in multiplayer or single player games.

From what I understand from the official Relic forums for the game, SS is extremely heavily bugged. The Sisters of Battle can get unlimited resources as your resources go up each time you cancel the construction of a Holy Icon on a Listening Post. Furthermore, Observers and defeated players can access a Dark Eldar player's Soul Powers, using them at will. Until now, there has been no patch to fix them.

What are your opinions on this?

Do you think they would really go ahead with the patching, or have they milked the cow enough? If they aren't getting a patch up anytime soon, would it be more worth it to stick to Dawn Of War Platinum Edition or Dawn Of War Anthology (ie without Soulstorm)?