I need help identifying these tunes

MrFlibble

Some time ago, I suddenly got interested in MIDI versions of various music themes downloadable from the net (I wanted to get the music from Lynch's Dune and Predator, if I remember correctly). In addition to those MIDIs that I wanted to get, I also downloaded others, some of which I cannot identify right now. Maybe someone would help me? I've attached two tunes in a zip file to this post. The one called dukeever.mid was a very popular tune when I was a kid; I got it from a MIDI site where it was used as background music. I completely forgot where I downloaded the other.

Thank you in advance.

unidentified_midis.zip

omg I know that first song, but I forget the name. It was an 80s song I think.

It could have been in Rocky movie. I'm sure it was used in some tv shows as well.

The second song sounds somewhat familiar, but I have no idea.

Sorry I was of no help :P

But someone on here should definitely know the first song.

The file dukeeever.mid is, according to my collection of SID music (from HVSC) either "Eye of the Tiger" from the film Rocky or "Final Countdown". Either they have the same tune, or one of the files is misnamed.

The second one, odys1_xg.mid I don't know. Presumably has been named Odysseus, but I don't know what it connects to.

The name of the first song dukeever is called "The Final Countdown". I know this for a fact because it was played on the radio as I was driving to university. I didn't catch what the artists was. This song was played on Arrested Development whenever GOB performed magic.

OMG FINAL COUNTDOWN IS THE BEST MIDI FILE IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!

(I've never rocked out so hard at my computer desk in my life. 8))

thank you for those few minutes of pure joy, Mr. Flibble. ;D

If you like good synth music, you should check out the Clockwork Orange movie.  Decent midi version of Beethoven's 9th, and awesome original stuff too.

Sorry don't know what that other song is though.

Google is your friend.

http://crydee.sai.msu.ru/public/XG/songs/michael_walthius/XG/odys1_xg.txt

Looks like it's an original compilation, as I can't find any reference to Odyssey One using Google other than some silly Lego parody of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Nice song, though.  And yes, the first one is The Final Countdown by Europe.

Do I win a prize? :D

Hey, thanks everyone :) Somehow this "Odyssey One" (I downloaded it when I was actually looking for the theme from the TV series The Odyssey, which I watched as a kid) reminds me of a song that is performed in one of the Family Guy episodes, Deep Throats, where, in a 60s flashback, Peter and Lois sing about the Indians or something.

Do I win a prize? :D

Umm, seriously, I haven't thought of any prizes, since this is not exactly a quiz ;) If my gratitude alone is not enough for a reward, then I don't know what is ;D

• 4 weeks later...