Happy to lose

alchemi2

And here all along I thought your Nik was a reference to Alchemy.....I thought perhaps you were like me, a practicing amature Alchemist, and were busy searching for the Elixir of Life in your spare time....(Which, by the way I happen to have found, it's called Glenfiddich) ;)

Anyway, even though I rarely see you online, due to the time difference i suppose, your always welcome in our games, Alchemi.

while me and alchoman were having a fantastic time playing with each other ;)

Ohhh Baby...... Did you take pictures? ;)

Actually, you know me better than that Nunu. That has to do with Gun's post to RA. about password games. I REALLY hate asking people to leave. Whistler and I were playing on "Attack the Elites" and any time that we don't want to spend a lot of time explaining that I am NOT going to change the map to Fishers, it's just easier to go there and test the map. Now, if we could just find a couple of Brits to email the map to, who would be willing to play on a really fun fan map, that would be great. I know you do you, does alch ever play on fan maps?

Of course there are also nights like last night where I was REALLY Hammered on that Elixir of life that I mentioned. We were playing and I was harassing Whis no end with some Fremen Snipers, and when he finally got fed up and attacked me I realized I had quit building LONG ago I had over 100,000 credits and NO units....NOT GOOD. But at the time I thought it was really funny. On a night like that, I don't need to hear shit from anyone cause I screwed up, hell, it's just fun.

Actually, you know me better than that Nunu. That has to do with Gun's post to RA. about password games. I REALLY hate asking people to leave. Whistler and I were playing on "Attack the Elites" and any time that we don't want to spend a lot of time explaining that I am NOT going to change the map to Fishers, it's just easier to go there and test the map. Now, if we could just find a couple of Brits to email the map to, who would be willing to play on a really fun fan map, that would be great. I know you do you, does alch ever play on fan maps?

Of course there are also nights like last night where I was REALLY Hammered on that Elixir of life that I mentioned. We were playing and I was harassing Whis no end with some Fremen Snipers, and when he finally got fed up and attacked me I realized I had quit building LONG ago I had over 100,000 credits and NO units....NOT GOOD. But at the time I thought it was really funny. On a night like that, I don't need to hear shit from anyone cause I screwed up, hell, it's just fun.

Thats cause anythings fun when your hammered . You could be jsut sittin on your coach laying there having a good time . =)

Actually, you know me better than that Nunu.

Yeah, I was kinda mocking.

Point taken about the brits who could help test with the maps !

You could be jsut sittin on your coach laying there having a good time . =)

Depends who you are laying ;).

You shouldn't play this game for competition.

This game is just fun... when you log on.. you know (or atleast recognize) everybody... u chat, u laugh, u play a game etc..

when you need competition, you play starcraft or counterstrike

I disagree.... when its Spaz, Gun, pearl, jeff in a 2 vs 2 the competition is awesome and the games are exceptional.  A game like counterstrike or starcraft is nice but its hardly an emperor substitute.  COunterstrike is just a random shootem up... with emperor its like chess you can control your own destiny,which is more satisfying.

As for Voodoo, yea i can understand playing a fun relaxation game and not wanting to hear criticisms... but I dont think anybody has a problem with those games. 

Now the reason that Alchemi might hear more criticisms than most is because of who he is and what type of group he belongs to.  You see there are certain groups of players in this game that have played this game for as long as the elites have, around 5-6 years.   Yet these players seem to be stuck in a time warp.  They are no better than they were 5-6 years ago and make the same mistakes they made 5-6 years ago.  We have players now like kingpoker that learn at an accelerated rate (few months) and pass these people.  And i think people like Alchemi get so much "advice" after post-game due to people whole-heartedly wanting to see them change and get better.  Scar5150 was stuck in a similar time warp but he has made great strides to break out and is currently making some very good progress.

Of course if the aforementioned player truly does not care about winning then the rest of the players need to realize this and see that their "advice" is in vain and just let the player be.  But then this causes the competitive players to sort of isolate themselves when putting a competitive game together.  Now there is nothing wrong with players who dont take the game serious thats fine.  But people shouldnt criticize players who want to be competitive.  I mean when was the last time a competitive football, tennis, basketball, or hockey player was criticzed for wanting to win?   C'mon! 

If the real beef here is that the "I dont care players" want to be left alone by the "i wanna win" players, then these two should not mix when a serious competitive game is being conducted and vice versa.  Simple solution. 

I dont care if I win or lose, but can still be competitive, simply becuase I want to play well by my own standards, and have a fun game.

In fact, thats exactly what happened a few days ago with Alchoman, elsip, ggom hn and some new person I dont know called mednea (?). Great fun, but we lost.

I think I was stuck in a time warp up until Gun showed me how to use the hotkeys. All the time I was in FEWjr, I really had no clue to what they were, and just used mouse for everything. Man those FEWjr days really, really sucked for me. I can only think of one player these days that actually scares the hell outta me....APO's ATR hehe. I can tell in the first few minutes of gameplay when its just game over for me with him. But the game the other night were it was me HN vs Gun n Spaze, as I told HN I went into, I just don't give a crap mode after the buzz chem rush failed. However me n Avernus made a good team I thought. I'll take him as an ally anytime. But going back to the topic, I

will take a loss with no prob at all. I never blame it on my ally, and just try to at least learn from the loss.

Another thing, Ive tried to really help some of the noobs playing now. But I get the all too familiar,"I have my own strategy". When someone is trying to help you guys and take the time to at least try to help, do yourself a favor, listen to what we are saying. If your going to ask for a Bo, then write it down at least. only takes a min. Hell I like trying to help.

I occasional play fan maps but don't have any downloaded at the moment as i had to reinstall everything after a recent HD upgrade.

I agree totally with what you said Gunswounds.

I don't play to lose by the way, i just aren't always in a condition to win/compete (and that was my point at the start of this thread) but i still like to play, so if your in an umber hot game mode, then don't feel you have to include me in your game just say and I'll vacate no hard feelings.

I've probably watched more games than some of you have played and i actually quite enjoy it.

And by the way guys i do listen to the tips and do on occasion follow them, personally i believe my game play has improved from 2 years ago let alone 5, BUT what you have to accept is I'm nearly 43 years old, don't always play (let alone the sleep/drink/family factors), so don't expect Elitism (sadly half the time i can't remember the hot keys).

Almost finally there is by the way, a total difference between advice and abuse. Even if the abuse contains good advice, it is still abuse and often my responce to that is "well screw you" (alcohol will tend to enhance that attitude (not an excuse but true)).

And finally a big thank you to all of you that have said you are more than happy to play with me  :O, it's good to know  ;D but i wasn't trawling for sympathy or meaning that anyone out there wasn't willing to play with me.

In fact i believe most of the time the opposite is true, most people quite enjoy beating my butt as it's not just a walk in the park (well not always)and i even get invited to join the big boys on occasion coz any 2vs2 beats a FFA  :P ;)

I look forward to spilling blood on the sands with you all. ;D