Dune Emperor

sandcrawler

Remember Westwood registered for dune-emperor.com and .net and .org. That may means that there is another house that we can play like House Corrino. Maybe the Emperor wants Arrakis back and you need to use the Emperor to fight with the three houses because all of them also want the Spice. It must got to do with the Emperor...

Guest shorty

It sez in the d2k manuel that d2k is not a sequel but a remake, so of course the storys are going to be similar!

Hey! Do you have a problem with the ordos? Who cares about the novels? First of all, I think they suck, but even if they were the best ever they still don't have anything to do with the games. THE STORY FOR THE GAMES ISN'T FROM THE NOVELS!!!

So you say nobody needs to be fast and sneaky? Ha ha ha! That would out-balance the game! Besides, the ordos are a tradition. They're not in the novels, but they were in every Dune RTS. If any more Dune RTS games are going to be made, they HAVE to contain house Ordos.

Like Gobalopper said, the games are one thing, the novels are another. I agree that you should be able to play with house Corrino, but as a FOURTH house.

Calm down! That is the mission. :) I was just talking to Sandcrawler. So I don't like the novels... but I don't have anything against them either. I was just saying that the novels have pretty much NOTHING to do with the games (except Dune1).

Ok, OK, calm down Edric O. I'm not saying the Ordos are sucky and not good, besides it's my favorite house in Dune 2000. Maybe in Dune 3000, they would change it but for a high percentage, they would include Ordos, like the tradition of Dune rts games like you said. I don't want to have flames on a nice forum like this. Anyway, you have a cool website, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with Dune is that there are ardly any houses mentioned in the books to make new houses for the game. Logically, they made house ordos to satisfy the need for another house. The only houses that were mentioned were the Atreidies, Harkonnen, Corrino, and Tlielaxu (is this a house?). Yes, Edric is right, the ordos were the only other choice rather than use on of the hardly mentioned houses.

??? Now I'm confused. Sandcrawler, we were just flaming each other on the "Death to the Atreides!" topic. And now you say you like the ordos??? Anyway, I'm glad to hear that, even if it's a bit weird. I don't like flames either. Thanks, I will keep up the good work :)

i think ANYONE brave enough to face the dangers on Arrakis should receive a medal. Be they Ordos or Atredies...or even the Harkonnen, anyone with enough guts to stare down the throat of a sandworm and continue fighting is a better man than i.

Just thought i'd say that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...