micro & emperor.. ?

Schorpie

You know, come to think of it, all the guy said was "I'm playin Warcraft", Cause he was stuffing food in his face (big guy). I just assumed he meant WoW. I never knew there was a difference. If it helps to figure it out, the command interface was along the bottom, the radar map was at the bottom left, with a few little gold dots scattered on it.  Oh, and I also noticed the radar and map used the "fog of war" like Emperor. As he moved around the radar and map opened up.

even the *VERY BEST* War3 players have a win percentage averaging around only 65%!  LOL 

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=schorpie

win percentage 73.65 %, HELL YEAH  ;D 8)

No.. actually i don't really feel good defending warcraft III at this topic here, becuz I've always been a emperor lover. You can't imagine (err.. you guys probably CAN imagine  ;D) how much is satisfies when you smash down ur last enemy's mino/sard horde after a long and intense game. Or how much joy you can get by annoying someone with just only 2 fremen snipers or only 3 laser tanks... ah ...  ;D

So actually... i'm really a emperor-fan... and for the past 5 years i've been searching for solutions WHY THE FUCK only 50 people are playing it online now. And maybe... yea... maybe other RTS games were harder than emperor. But far not all of them are. I've.............

oo crap i gotto go.. i'll finish my post lataaaah!

"and for the past 5 years I've been searching for solutions WHY THE dash only 50 people are playing it on-line now."

Simple

Lack of marketing

Lack of support

And the main one slow laggy games, the Emperor we play today is not the Emperor of it's release and i don't mean the tactics or skill levels. I mean simply that the average internet connection speeds and average home PC back then couldn't really handle Emperor on-line. So the games were often slow and cumbersome, that was the real downfall of Emperor.

You know, come to think of it, all the guy said was "I'm playin Warcraft", Cause he was stuffing food in his face (big guy). I just assumed he meant WoW. I never knew there was a difference. If it helps to figure it out, the command interface was along the bottom, the radar map was at the bottom left, with a few little gold dots scattered on it.  Oh, and I also noticed the radar and map used the "fog of war" like Emperor. As he moved around the radar and map opened up.

That description is DEFINATELY Warcrat III  (War3)  and not World of Warcraft (WoW).

So there you go veK.  So Voodoo,  that means in your orginal post you were definately right to assume what you were assuming as far as being AFK and micro is concerned between the two games Voodoo.

"and for the past 5 years I've been searching for solutions WHY THE dash only 50 people are playing it on-line now."

Simple

Lack of marketing

Lack of support

And the main one slow laggy games, the Emperor we play today is not the Emperor of it's release and i don't mean the tactics or skill levels. I mean simply that the average internet connection speeds and average home PC back then couldn't really handle Emperor on-line. So the games were often slow and cumbersome, that was the real downfall of Emperor.

EXACTLY...... i pre-order emperor for $49.99 and played it on the first day it came out.

OMG it was sooo laggy.... especially since i didnt have a fast computer back then..... and especially since i had AOL internet.  Talk about a horrible playing experience.   I rememeber when 99% of all games never finished because the game eventually just lagged out and froze.

Now with people having their super fast cable modems and their super fast computers.... we play emperor at BLAZING SPEEDS... and even run smack into the unit cap !!!..... that was unheard of before!

Before... the game would freeze on a 4 player map with only a handful of units.   Imagine how different things are today.  Its night and day.

I just wish that a new emperor with refined graphics and maps would come out.... just imagine if they took emperor and converted it like they did for C & C 3.     Lets not give up hope.  If they revived C & C... maybe one day Emperor will get a facelift !!

Emperor came out way before its time..... but you know what... i dont care.... we still got our community and i still ahve kick-ass fun with you guys... so who cares if 30,000 people dont play?

In a way having a smaller community is cool because you know who you are playing with.... and you know their tactics.   One thing i hated about Generals is that i felt like i was a drop in the ocean, and nobody knew who i was and i didnt know who anyone else was.  They were all faceless opponents.  In a way our small community is a blessing.  I think it helps with the fun factor.

Guns

What gets me is why people don't use the other command buttons more (such as waypoints). Also I think it's hilarious when you time it so you capture an enemy building (like a windtrap that's out of place) and build a starport there, make it primary while you have 6 devastators coming in.. heh not many people ever expect that coming, although it's probably the worst tactic ever used in this game and nearly never works... and waypointing saws over enemy spicefields has to be the most fun thing to be done.

I pre ordered Emp months b4 it was released, I was just convinced that this game was gonna kick heaps of ass, after i got tired of the cartoon like style of the C&C series, and got tired of Age of Empires where i couldnt shoot anything at my enemies besides rocks or arrows.

My style of rts always has been modern, it has to have barrels firing sheels or bullets and carry heaps of armor over the battlefield. (man population limit sucks) Emp was fast and brutal, with lots of different strats, ever evolving.

As of the present day, emp has became a streamlined beast of war, with more micro and strats involved than any other game i have seen sofar.

The lack of proper marketing and support has been the main cause for this game to slowly deteriorate, and as of today there are only a few regulars playing this game, aside from the new blood that occasionally joins in.

i haven't seen any game up until this day that matches the sheer speed and destruction (though generals came close) in the RTS sphere.

So, emp is still my no1 RTS up to date.

(though generals came close).

Uggghh! I can honestly say without a doubt that I cannot remember playing 1 real good game that was fun in Generals. Even when I played with Jeff or Senda and some others from Emp...and even when we did win there was no real enjoyment from it at all. Although, Generals did have a cool nuke to look at when exploded, other than that it was a sit, turtle, go air and nuke sorta game...with some crazy exploits thrown in the mix.

Well I think the starting days of generals was good, untill they downgraded the fVckin MiG's and stuff..

And now u say sit in generals games, where are the good old rushers ? In generals u can rush just as bad, unless u were stupid enough to sit on a map with like 2 bridges.. When i played at first I played with china as if it were Harks, had tons of fun gattling&flame rush, untill ppl started using scud bug and map hack, cause OOS or whatnot, I have to say i never played an RTS game that was so friggin filled with DC cheaters like generals, man what a bunch of pansies.

Though it had some real nice controls and stuff, like building from 3 or more facs same time, buildings that could be given a number, snipers that shot at what they were supposed to instead of anything that came within range, and a nice way of controlling air, Air Guard(planes guarding an area). Before Zero Hour GLA didnt have any other form of troop transport than technicals, so the Battlebusses were great, if u had enough of them u could take on overlords head on. Great upgrade for China was the ECM tank, effectively reducing projectile (rockets) threat to a minimum, if controlled properly, Avengers for USA (finally no more MiG carnage). Overall I thought it was a fresh new way of play, though it could never match the speed and agility of Emperor. Now, i dont play gens anymore, im just waiting for the new C&C to be released, wich should be around early next year. One feature I would like to be added to a new RTS is naval battle, one thing that i liked very much from RA2 and Yuri's Revenge. It would add a whole other dimension to warfare, and on the sands of Arakkis there was little water to be found, let alone there could be any naval forces lol.

Anyway I heard from a friend that EA was to do some stuff with emp, like a re release with upgraded stuff, but dont hang me up on it I just say what I've heard.

Would be a ball hehe

Anyway u sound like u really sucked at generals hehe  :P