CONVENTION!!!!!!!!

exatreide

Ok guys i just came up with a crazy idea. how about a dune convention? i mean there are millions of dune fans over the world and yet its hard to meet one and other. how about we all write the sci-fi channel about the convention. Perhaps they could bring some actors from the dune miniseris there? or from the 1984 version?? In the words of that movie who's tital i dont know. "If you build it they will come." Think about it. we can meet dune fans all over the world. share fanfctions toys ect........

I would say Miami (only because I live in Orlando). A convention would be awesome, too, because it gives the artists a chance to show off, writers (cough EX cough) a chance to show off, and just to have fun! I would probably buy 5 t-shirts with Dune on it and a few hats.

As much as I doubt that will happen, and while I don't think that if it did happen it would be very big, don't forget to get the sponsors to fly me and Gob out there:)

After all, what would a Dune conventin be without us:)

I heard you, you bastard, where do you get off saying "Fun"!

i hope we can do this guys. i mean the first star trek convention was not verry big but the next year it was huge.  at least 5 times larger thenm they guessed. theres dune fans all over the world. y wouldent they come? most dune fans are star trek fans if tthey are willing to go to a startrek convention why not a dune convention??? Yes most of us can go except of coure barron 99 and that creme cheese guy. "if you build it they will come".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a huge (ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit) national science fiction convention formerly called Rising Star (now called Stars) that comes around yearly to my hometown, in fact its held in my school (too much information? :)).

Theres a ton of actors from Star Trek and Babylon 5 who show up, it would be awesome if some of the actors/actresses from the Dune Miniseries would pay a visit.

It used to be held in Roanoke, Virginia but now it's held in Salem, Virginia (about a 5 mile difference).

I dont know how we would get people involved with the miniseries to show, especially since they are probably all working very hard on Children of Dune in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...