Fed2k chatroom

Dunenewt

A lot of people are popping in, just to see that no-one's there and pop out again.  Perhaps we should establish a certain time to be active and all arrive at the time to make the room really hopping.

Something else I thought about:  There are random simulators in the room, /rolldie and /flipcoin, perhaps we could play some kind of RP or Fanfic game.  Just an idea.

:)

you know, usually I'm the kind of guy who joins a chat and stays in there all the time. that's why I use irc.

I'd do the same with fed2k chat but there's one thing that really annoys me. the browser (firefox) keeps telling me over and over again, that I have been inactive for some time and that I have to press "ok" if I want to stay in the chatroom or press cancel - then I leave. I don't want to hit this damn ok button all the time. I just have a lot of other things to do on the pc and don't post in the chat then of course, but this message is so annoying that I quit. because it also blocks firefox then (I can't switch to the other tabs till I pressed ok - only to have the message coming up again after another 5 minutes)

so the big question is: can this crap be disabled?

I don't want to write anything, because then I have to write sth else if I come back or need to click another button like if you type /away. I just want the chat to go on but I don't want to be forced to say something all the time... I just comment on things and get part of the discussion if I have time and things are interesting.

No, I dont use it for anything either, in fact I have removed it from my computer as much as possible using all the usual proggy's  ;D

I have now experienced the 5 min idle message and I can confirm, its pretty annoying. I have been in the room for 3 hours now, mostly active, but when I am not it is a real pain.

I have been in the room for 3 hours now, mostly active, but when I am not it is a real pain.

so you can now share my sorrow with me my dear  ;D

dunenewt: isn't there an option to disable this feature completely for the whole chat. I don't think anybody thinks this is useful at all.

• 3 weeks later...

More of you lot should use it, so I don't keep getting stuck in a room with Schorpie :P

It was a good idea, but that stupid annoying message that I've not been active for 5 minutes pisses me off too much and also disables any function of my browser until I click the stupid ok or abort button... if this is disabled, I may return...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...