hi.. i know i am talking a lot those dayes but i am upgreading to 6600gt soon and my pc is acting wierd... first i lost the power supply few dayes ago so i removed my  hard disc with my data on it

and send the pc to the shop.. they replaced the power supply and installed a 512 mb ram so now i have 1 giga ram...

when the pc went back i put back the hard disc but then msn stoped working

sudenly  and widown messenger olso stoped logging in.. i dunno why i tryed about every thing.. i formated 3 times and reinstall win xp pro but nothing new. i get this message  :

msn messanger made sevral attempt to log in but faild a firewall maybe bloaking..

well i dont have a fire wall installed and win fire wall is off i made the repair test and all was ok

and it say i am ready to  connect..same with windows messanger ... is there anything speacial i can do?

Try to log in again another time. MSN does these periodic checks on the server rather often, which screws the connection altogether.

Or maybe it's your connection. MSN Messenger isn't particularly adept at pin-pointing the exact cause of the problem, unless you use Troubleshoot. But since you've tried that and it doesn't work... it's probably the server. How about reinstalling MSN Messenger? That should fix it good.. by right.

few dayes ago so i removed my  hard disc with my data on it

and send the pc to the shop.. they replaced the power supply and installed a 512 mb ram so now i have 1 giga ram...

when the pc went back i put back the hard disc but then msn stoped working

yes but non of u aces figuerd that out ha....  >:(

when i removed the hard drive the clock stoped working... very logical

uh.. don't you fix that on install?? check wether the time is right or not??

or don't you read just press F8; enter; enter; arrow down (to the ntfs quickformat); next; next; next...

yes i did make the clock update..but i it failed to do so i guess becase it has reseted to year 2004 but i didnt notice that i must say at start i just updated it while i was doing msn truble shooting..i discoverd it by chance after i gave up while i was trying to run a s/w called x cleaner it told me simply that my time is not adjested and that some applications wont work....

i which if msn had told me this simply but with all the complicated repair process it didnt

yes surly i fixed that but the hardware it self was reset to year 2004 i guess when it was shot off from the lil battary and i wasnt able to notice it i just set the time clock to my rejon not looking at the year .. thank you

man i am totaly a donky when it comes to bios.. i am even scared to go into it.. last year i burned my brand new gygabite mother board when i tryed to use flash updater hehehe..did i change anything in bios by removing the hard drive..man you are scarring me please tell me the details what exactly do you want me to check?? best reguards

enter the bios move around trought the menu's and (probably on the first screen in the bios) you will find your system time somewhere..

Look if its correct, else change the bios time, then save and exit..

if you think you did something wrong, exit without saving, and try again :P

well i can as long as you guys will continue with your advise,,,  :)

-Heldesk with sp1cy..

Hello this is Phoenix calling, I'm not able anymore to connect to the internet at my workplace..

-Just a moment i post this question on dune2k..

OK.

-I have posted this question on a forum, I will call you back as soon as i have a possible answer..

[tt]actual helpdesk call from a KPN worker in the Netherlands using his laptop and IPSec cert's to connect to the KPN office network. He used a special router from the same firm although cunsumer department and not corporate.[/tt]

- Hello, just a question. If I use the CDrom with my router, will that in any way interfere with my current network settings or change anything like that ?

helpdesk : No sir, it just creates a new dial in connection for you to use and leaves everything else intact.

some seconds after that all network connections and IPSec certificates on his laptop where useless.

Not a good day for the helpdesk dude when he finds out he just helpt a senoir project manager into removing all dial-in access to his work.