Elderscrolls: OBLIVION ... my new addiction

GUNWOUNDS

Haven't even heard of it. What be this... 'chain casting' you speak of?

(I kid, I know what it is, just not how it might work)

Haven't been playing Oblivion so much recently. Got to a reasonably high level a few months ago (could have finished the game, I believe) and then hit a wall. One day I just stopped playing, and I've barely touched it since. A plugin like Timenn's would possibly help if I were to start again (probably with a new character), but I'd still have to cope with repetitive voice acting and dungeons. And how many gates are there? Sheesh.

Though now that I think about it, I am very bored... May start Oblivion up again, just as soon as my rediscovered love of Neverwinter Nights subsides a bit.

Chain casting is using 2 different spells, both with weakness to magicka 100% effects, in quick succesion of each other (the longer the chain the more powerful) to give the target huge weakness to magicka (100% x 100% = 200% etc.) and finish the target off with a mere damage spell (which will be multiplied greatly) Of course this works with alot more than just damage spells.

If people are interested I can put the plugin available to internet.

Many Oblivion Gates...? it isn't called the "Oblivion Crisis" for nothing :P

Arn't there 16 daedric princes? each with their own plane?

Level 11 now, Arena Champion thank you very much

[hide]

solving the vampire thing made the final bout easy, he just stood there and let me kill him

[/hide]

just closed my first oblivion gate out side of...oh I don't remember but that was all nice and fun, got a daedric sword and shield,but couldn't get any armor of the buggars. Level 11 Imperial Spellsword under the sigh of the lord. (Note: the fire shotting daedric assholes REALLY SUCKED for my 25% weakness to fire.)

just closed my first oblivion gate out side of...oh I don't remember but that was all nice and fun, got a daedric sword and shield,but couldn't get any armor of the buggars. Level 11 Imperial Spellsword under the sigh of the lord. (Note: the fire shotting daedric assholes REALLY SUCKED for my 25% weakness to fire.)

You can easily dodge the flame throws if you're away from the npc. Hit it with arrows like I do, and even snipe it with flame throws back.

There are 16 Daedric Princes alright, but Mehrunes Dagon is the one you visit all the time when entering a gate.

Fire and Shock damage are mostly what the Daedra fire, haven't seen them using Frost damage (except the Frost Atronach ofcourse, but this one is quite rare) No, Frost damage is what the undead mostly use (which are numerous in non-Daedra dungeons)

If that gate was your first I assume it was the one near:

[hide]Kvatch[/hide]

As that one should open before the rest of the gates do.

Thinking of restarting now. Level 27 got boring after a while. If you're going to put that plugin up, Timenn, I'd certainly be interested in it. Being threatened by bandits with glass hammers and the like not only got unrealistic after a while, the packrat in me was distraught at being unable to carry them all to sell.

Yeah there are supposed to be lots of gates, but you'd think they'd at least have a little variation. Those near towns would be guarded (like the one near... Chorrol, was it?), those in the wilderness would be swarming with daedra. What bothered me really is that I'd hardly have time to close one before three more popped up.

Edit: Oh yeah, and choosing the Lord as a sign? What possessed you to do that? :P Fire is one of the most common damge types in the game.

Yea, the gates may seem a little repetitive but that is mostly from visiting them too often. I finished the main quest and I'm really sorry I did that as I miss Oblivion.

And yes, the gates near those towns were more varied.

I've uploaded the file to here:

http://www.few.vu.nl/~twvdberg/loot_balance.esp

normal NPC's no longer have Daedric/Glass Armour and Daedric weapons. This should be rare now, and can only be found in dungeons. The game may be a little easier because of this, but sliding up the difficulty a tiny bit should balance it (as the difference isn't that big)

normal dungeon containers now have a smaller chance for big loot items, while "boss" containers are guarenteed to provide those. And those will usually be a few levels above you. (So you can get a silver sword as loot, while shopkeepers still only sell steel)

The type of loot may differ slightly also, but I've tried to keep that to the original as much as possible (e.g. dungeons filled with Necromancers can give different loot than those with Daedra)

Good good. :) When I eventually get around to restarting, I'll let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, would anyone be able to help me with a modding problem here? I've been trying to prevent character face shape being changed by vampirism. Changing colour is not a problem, and I actually like shape change in principle, but the faces that emerge aren't remotely sinister or vampiric. They're flabby, to be honest. But my efforts to correct this have been fruitless so far, and nobody on the other forums has been of any help yet. So, any ideas, please?

In other matters, paralysing your enemy and then shoving them into lava is fun fun fun. ;D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For all of you peple who bought Oblivion on the PC... you shall be REWARDED !!

A new mod called Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul version 1.3 is coming out !

It Enhances Oblivion by like 1000000000%

The full preview trailer is available for download on this page

http://jorgeoscuro.googlepages.com/oscuro'soblivionoverloaddownloads

Download the trailer its like 50 MB or so.  Its so kick ass!

It should be coming out in a week or so !!!

I'm so excited !