Windows has detected Spyware infection!

In the right low corner appears a  red dot with a white "X", saying (in a yellow globe)that:

Windows has detected Spyware infection!

It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.

Click here to protect your computer from Spyware!

This yellow globe appears and disappears every 30 seconds, annoying me.

Please note that windows is supposed to download a tool to get rid of spyware by clicking on that icon, but nothing happens.

I used Adaware, Spybot S&D, Norton Utilities and AV Grisoft, and (supposedly) I got rid of a trojan and a spyware.

Even with that "success" the damn globe still appears, saying that my PC is infected with spyware.

Please help me to download those Windows tools, or to eliminate that red dot.

All the AIs are against me!!!

it's spyware.. so don't click on it ;)

I recently removed it by deleting the users profile and creating a new profile.

Hopefully we can resolve it without kiling a profile :).

Pry, do you have the other types of protection you should have ? Spybot search and destroy ? Adaware free version (unless you wanna pay) ? You can use Spybot to work out where it is starting from and maybe even to kill it automatically. That is if "Jesus" (::)) doesnt do it first...  8)

use start - run - msconfig and in the startup tab disable it.

I have nu clue what the specific thing was to disable (and due to my current location can't look it up) although it's in there.

And what;s so special about a profile erjin999. . . ;)

(de computer I did it on was a domain member, so deleting a profile is all in a day's work btw ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Well Erj, I think you found a sure spyware/malware/trojan killing process programs for me today. For the last 3 days i've been fighting this damn thing, constant browser pop-ups at random sys. slowdowns etc. was about to format today even. I tried around 12 different programs for removing them, all found and said they cleaned things, still they returned incuding my regular trend-micro anti-virus. In the end all these were useless at getting them removed, including the ones listed in this thread. Erjin has the exact procedure that is basically a program for scanning for it, then another that runs in dos mode that finishes the job up nicely and complete the very first time. In the end, 1 single file was the culprit for around 30 different trojans,spyware and browser and desktop hijackers. Thanks for the help Erjin, saved me from formatting.  ;)

Hey scar. Well glad to be of help. Was going to catch you on msn to find out how it was going.

That program was for...lol, I forget the trojan that affected you. I can probably find it for you if you like.

Actaully, I checked, it was the Look2Me spyware infection. And quite nasty it was.

I must say though that Nod32 did spot the infiltration before it got on my machine, when I went to the site that infected you. I still bang on about Nod32 cos I think its the Dogs <Asterisks>.

Make regular backups, ladies. Image your hard drives if you can. Keep profiles on domain server like grypoman. :P

Practice safe computing.