ww

Before westwood got bought out by Electronic Arts they were IMO one of the best game producers in the world. Now they are ****. They cut support staff, WOL staff, server and technical staff which made multiplay less reliable and less fun. Multiplay was still good, dont get me wrong, but it was worse than it was.

Now this whole pre-order unit **** happens and that just pushes it over the edge. I payed FULL price for emperor but just cause I didn't preorder it I'm worth less as a customer to EA. The whole pre-order crap was EA's work all along and so far, IMO, it has ruined the game. It has caused out of sync problems to occur during multiplay, the comp can get them and you cant, balance problems occur, wash games sometimes happen when 1 player has them and 1 doesnt.

Am I missing the point here? Why the hell would they have some hype propoganda nonsense just to sell copies of one of EAs hundreds of games. It sends out the message that if you dont pre-order it, you're worth less. Not worthless, just worth less. It didn't even work that well anyhow, looking at how few people have bought it.

I wanted to see some reviews before I put my money into the game, and because I wanted to be sure I was getting quality I'm victimized by this advertising scheme and by the people who did pre-order it. Its a real un-fair advantage to not have those 3 units, not so much for ordos, but for the other 2 houses it throws the game WAY off balance. Are they that desperate to sell the game? Its a bunch of selfish BS just so EA can make more money, because the pre-order is from the EA store.

Hats off to EA for ruining a good game company.