Dune 7

Edric O

Yesterday I talked with a friend about the prequels and Brian Herbert. I was wondering why doesn't Brian make a sequel. And just then he said: "Wait, I have Dune 7". I obviously didn't believe him until he SHOWED ME THE BOOK. On the cover it says "Dune 7", and also "Brian Herbert". He borrowed me the book and I'm looking at it right now (to make sure I wasn't dreaming).

I stopped reading the Dune books after Dune Messiah, so I don't understand anything from Dune 7. The story happens some millenia after the Scattering. Somehow all of humanity returned to Earth (??), which is completelly covered in ice (????). The book is in romanian. The full title is "Dune 7: Cartea Brundurilor", which means "Dune 7: The book of brunds". Note that I have no idea what "brund" means and it's not in romanian.

So, can someone tell me where did this book come from?

Ah, Edric, you've found one of the few copies of Dune 7. Congratulations. Now toss it in the trash, 'cause it isn't what you think. It is fan fiction written in Romania (to get around American copyright laws) with someone using the pen name Herbert to make it look legit (I've heard of the authors name being Phillip, not Brian, but thats a minor issue).

Mahdi, how could I toss it in the trash if it's not my book? ;)

It is probably fan fiction, especially since it was published by a now-so-well-known (read never-heard-about) publisher. But it was *supposedly* written by Brian Herbert...

I never read any of Brian's books before, but this Dune 7 does have a dune-ish fell to it. Too bad I can't understand any part of the plot. There's a war going on between different factions, and all of them have cities under the ice. All the history from before the Scattering was forgotten, because apperently there was a religious directive against writing. As far as I can tell, these people on Earth were cut off from the rest of the Universe by the Scattering. But somehow they're the last humans left... or they think they are.

Brian Herbert did find literally hundreds to thousands of pages worth of notes in a saftey deposit box of his father's. Like Cyclonus said.

The idea for a seventh dune book. Though he has never made it yet. I think I read on a website or in the acknowledgements of one of the prequels he may do it or the Butlerian Jihad after the prequel books.