Anyone here playing Magic?

Spectral Paladin

By the way in order to find other people to play magic against online, try joining #apprentice on the IRC Efnet server.

I know this one kid who went to a geroge sail and this old lady there was selling some magic cards.  Well the kid found a really rare card there (actually 2 of them but he only bought 1 because it would be ripping off the old laday).  The lady was selling them for 50 cents. 

The kid turned around and sold it to a store for $500

the store turned around and sold it for $2000

Where can I find this lady? ;)  ;D?

Where can I find this lady? ;)  ;D?

The other cards are long gone.  Once word got out that lady was least to say, verry buisy.

And do any of you go to FNM?  (fridy night magic)

in my town, every tuesday and friday nigts there are free magic turnments at some local stores.  About 20 to as many as 50 people show up for them.  If you have them in your town, how many people show up there?

Well, i am officially back into the Magic universe. I finished converting my shitty white weenie deck, and now, it is a fully grown white / red deck of whoopass!

Decklist::

//NAME: Necroticon's Red / White Bastard Deck

My friend bought me a deck and played a few games with me, teaching me along the way.  It's pretty cool, very detailed.

My deck is the Nuts and Bolts theme deck Fifth Dawn.  It's all White and Blue.

(White)

12 Plains

2 Ancient Dens

1 Auriok Glaivemaster

2 Leonid Elders

3 Leonid Squires

2 Skyhunter Prowlers

1 Skyhunter Skirmisher

2 Auriok Salvagers

1 Auriok Windwalker

1 Steelshaper's Gift

1 Vanquish

(Blue)

7 Islands

2 Seats of the Synod

3 Trinket Mage

2 Qumulox

1 Fold into Aether

(Neutral)

1 Ornithopter

1 Myr Moonvessel

1 Ferropede

2 Synod Centurion

1 Aether Spellbomb

1 BoneSplitter

3 Chromatic Spheres

1 Conjurer's Bauble

1 Leonin Bola

1 Skullclamp

1 Sunbeam Spellbomb

1 Viridian Longbow

1 Healer's Headress

1 Salvaging Station

My rockin' five-color Sunburst deck:

Lands (24) (On the nose!):

9 Forest

3 Plains

3 Mountain

3 Swamp

3 Island

3 Mirrodin's Core

Creatures (14):

1 Joiner Adept

4 Skyreach manta

3 Suntouched Myr

2 Lunar Avenger

2 Etched Oracle

1 Suncrusher

1 Darksteel Colossus (It actually makes more sense than it seems - if I play my cards right, so to speak, I can have him out by turn 6 to 8.

I wish that here in Scotland we had the same enthusiathism for something like that.  However it looks like we dont.  Further, at the moment I don't even have the income to supply myself with cards.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound rather geeky, lonely and sad, but, is there an established form of solitaire for Magic?

This evening after a round of Magic, I wondered how a solitaire version would work.  After about ten seconds of thought, I came up with a simple but effective system.

Arrange two d20s on the table, at 20.  Draw one card at a time from the deck.  If draw a land, put it over your d20, it is yours.  If draw a creature, look at your land to see if you can afford it, if you can, claim the creature and attack, if you can't, the creature attacks you.  Damage is simply the attack rating of the card, there is no blocking, so the attack goes directly to the player (or the deck, if you've claimed the creature and are attacking).  The creature only attacks once it is drawn, but if you gain enough land you can claim the creature from the deck's hand.  Enchantments, Instants and Artifacts work, more or less, normally, if one is drawn that doesn't really have any use, it goes back into the deck.

Note that I only used this system with the Red/Green deck.  It works pretty well, I lost about as many times as I won.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...