Final Fantasy XI - Online

DjCiD

Who's got it? I do. Who loves it? Me.

Never before have I enjoyed the FF series so much. It takes all that you love about the old school game and turns it into a MMORPG.

I enjoy it so much I convinced my brother and manager at work to get a copy. All I had to do was buy a world pass so they could play on the same world as me. You see there are so many people online, that each server is its own world. Depending on where you are and what your connection is, is how you get assigned a world. But with a world pass I can invite you to play in my world.

So if anyone out here enjoys FF as much as me, then give me a shout and get your self a copy of the game. Let me know when you will create your character and I'll hook you up with a world pass.

My current character is a lv 23Redmage/11Warrior

Do you think that it would still be a good game after 6 months? I'm planning to buy it at about summer, and 60 USD is not a small sum of money.

It had already been running for about...a year or so, and it seems SE is lengthening the game by releasing limits(I think limit 4 now?)

There is no use downloading it...you'll need 2 set of POL IDs(original and expansion) in order to play it. Cheapest way is to get PS2 Jap ver of both games, then DL the PC Eng Ver.

I can seed you the eng ver if you want, provided that the tracker is still alive...

There is one expansion on it already and another one due out this fall I believe. From what I hear they will have Air Ship Armadas in this expansion. I hope that means you can have air fights like Skies of Arkadia.

Well, I don't bother, simply it doesn't make much fun, when I have to spend day hunting bulcans just to be able to hunt wold bulcans on next one. It lacks some work on it, normal quests and story. Not "hunt down twenty worms to get their silk" and such. Here it simply dies out. It's no true RPG, more like fantasy Deer Hunter...

You can make through the worm killing stage if you have enough patience. On Ragnarok, I had a leet character, a Wizard lvl 85. But I knew all the tricks, all the monsters, all the best  items in a few weeks and after being able to kill the toughest monster, the game became boring. I played on a illegal server though.  ::)