Vampire: the Masquerade

Usul

Ok is anyone interested in having an online game of V:tM? If so I don't mind being GM. I have the rules for all the Carmilla clans so if you want to play any of the others you'll have to message me the official rules for them. If you don't know what I'm talking about but want to play then IM me and I'll explain the basic plot and the clans you can join.

I'd be interested.  I haven't been to a Vamp game in a while, but the wee booklet I got through the mail this morning kind of rekindled my interest.  I'm usually from the Domain of Nairn.  What about you?

Oh, and I'll be a Malkavian if this thing goes ahead.  But what Gen are we talking about here?

I'm no expert on the game, myself.  It really does take quite a lot of time to explain, but you might find some more information here.

It's the homepage of Camarilla UK, who created and run Vampire.  There will be tons of info there.  There should be a couple of links there that will help you, too.  I hope.  If not, then maybe Usul could quote from the Book?  It'll have the best description.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Domain of Nairn but you can be a Malkavian. I'm going to use the simplified rules so you'd all be 13th generation.

Ok Cyborg I will explain V:tM's plot. It's set in this world but with a few changes, the main one being the existence of Vampires. These Kindred as they call them selves are divided into clans which are part of a sect, the sects being the Carmilla (all vamps for this game have to be part of it), the Sabbat and the Independents. The Carmilla are the Kindred who want to stay hidden from the kine (humans) as they are outnumbered, the Sabbat are those who think that Vampires shouldn't hide who they are and the Indendents have loyalty only to the clans. As only Carmillia clans are allowed they are the ones I will out line now:

Brujah: rebels and arnarchists these a vampires are only just part of the Carmillia (they were forced at it's founding). Good at fighting.

Gangrel: animalistic, nomadic hunters they are good at tracking. Also some can turn into animals (for basic rules only a wolf and bat).

Malkavian: There all insane what more can I say. You have Lunatics Insight and can go into mad fits.

Nosferatu: very ugly but good at stealth and evesdropping. Can scare people with there apperance.

Toreador: Artistes, poets, etc. Basicly lovers of beauty in all it's forms. They have herds (people they can easily feed from).

Tremere: My favourates these are the mages. They have a familiar and some can even control the weather or posses people.

Ventrue: The aristocrats, bankers and merchants. They are the unoffical leaders of the Carmilla. Have resources (money, house, car, etc).

If you want to know more just ask.

It can be set in any country in the interest of keeping people playing I'll set it in America. We need another two, anyone who wants to join after that can play NPC's to help me. As for fighting each other, no you won't be I'll try and keep it simple.

OK, great!  Usul, since you are the one with the Core Book, could you post the Character Gen guide?  I have Grapevine, the unofficially official generator program, but I can't remember the starting points, etc.  I remember about having something like 7, 5 and 3 in either Physical, Social or Mental... but that's about it.

Pweese? :D

With the basic rules it's different, you have four traits: Physical, Mental, Social and Psychic. You choose which is the most important (4) then the next (3) and so on. Whenever you do an action you use the amount of dice given for that trait (eg if your physical is 3 you use 3 dice to see if you've hit them). Each action has a difficulty which I decide (that's the number you have to beat on the dice role, so difficulty 4 means role 4 or more). If anyone is scared of by these rules fon't worry I'll be doing all that here, you just tell me what you want to do and I'll see if you can.

Dragoon Knight I'll IM you what I know (I don't have the actual rule book but I do have an unedited character sheet filled in).