Perimeter, the new era of RTS ?!!?

Harkdawg

once you feel the adrenaline rush of the fast and furious gameplay of emperor.... especially with the "oh so cool" units ... everything else is kinda pale in comparison...

i mean the fact that i have played this game for 3 years and i cant get enough of it says alot.

;D

Emperor is like Counter Strike because it's not perfect in any areas.

However some people keep playing it, perhaps because of its primitive gameplay.

The main differences are the genre and the fact that many more people play Counter Strike... :P

The main differences are the genre and the fact that many more people play Counter Strike... :P

Coming from the man who likes Warcraft 3 LOL. :)

OK i admit that emperor is a simplistic game... because the tech tree is not that complicated...

but that ensures that excitement of gameplay is preserved....

i dont want to have to flip thru 40 different infantry configurations and 67 different building upgrades to get my base in working order...

what happens there is that people become too focused and involved with building their bases and upgrading stuff that they take forever to launch an attack

Counterstrike is primitive gameplay?.... no .. counterstrike's gameplay is fine.... the primitive thing about counterstrike is the graphics.... there is no model damage or dis-memberment like there is in soldier of fortune 2.

But that has nothing to do with the gameplay ... that is just mere aesthetics.  I have to say that some of the weapon mods done for counterstrike especially the m4A1  are far more realistic looking and much prettier to the eye than soldier of fortune 2  which is a much more advanced game graphic-wise.

Cyborg i am starting to wonder if you are a true game connoisseur?

with some of your statements  ???

;)

Hehe, Gunwounds, you remind me of Navaros.

Yes, Counter Strike has primitive game play.

You buy a gun, and run around and shoot at eachother. The most advanced thing may be that there actually are two teams, which means you have to think before you shoot...

The physics engine is not good, but it's quite realistic that bullets spread more the longer you fire. I actually do not hope they fix anything of this.

Counter Strike is a game you play when you want to relax and not think very much.

Hehe, Gunwounds, you remind me of Navaros.

Yes, Counter Strike has primitive game play.

You buy a gun, and run around and shoot at eachother. The most advanced thing may be that there actually are two teams, which means you have to think before you shoot...

The physics engine is not good, but it's quite realistic that bullets spread more the longer you fire. I actually do not hope they fix anything of this.

Counter Strike is a game you play when you want to relax and not think very much.

if

By Navaros I meant that you have the same tendency to ignore what people say...

Although Counter Strike can be played in an advanced way, that is not how it's mostly played.

I played the game extremely much a few years ago, and stopped a few months after version 1,5 came out. Seldom were the hostages resqued before all the terrorists were dead, and it was a boring round if the bomb was defused before the enemy was eliminated...

I do not say it's a boring game. I've played it very much myself. Why do you think people play it primitively? It's because they play to relax...

By Navaros I meant that you have the same tendency to ignore what people say...

Although Counter Strike can be played in an advanced way, that is not how it's mostly played.

I played the game extremely much a few years ago, and stopped a few months after version 1,5 came out. Seldom were the hostages resqued before all the terrorists were dead, and it was a boring round if the bomb was defused before the enemy was eliminated...

I do not say it's a boring game. I've played it very much myself. Why do you think people play it primitively? It's because they play to relax...

i did not ignore what you said... you just contradicted yourself... first you said counterstrike has primitive gameplay and that it has primitive gameplay because of poor design..... THEN you said people play the game primitively because they want to relax although it has the potential for advanced gameplay...... people playing the game in a slack relaxing manner has NOTHING to do with the game's ACTUAL gameplay at all... you made it seem like it was the game's fault because it is "primitive"

I'm sorry if I was seemingly contradicting myself.

First I liked the game's primitive game style. However, after a while it wasn't fun anymore.

Perhaps this is because I grew up. Now I want more reality in games, and critizise Counter Strike's arcade style.

if some game was created with awesome wonderful gameplay... but people only decided to run around and bump into walls and shoot the sky because it was relaxing.... is that the game's fault ??

Of course that would be the game's fault!

If bumping into walls is more fun than actually playing the game the way it's meant to be played, the game couldnt've had awesome gameplay...

I'm sorry if I was seemingly contradicting myself.

First I liked the game's primitive game style. However, after a while it wasn't fun anymore.

Perhaps this is because I grew up. Now I want more reality in games, and critizise Counter Strike's arcade style.

Of course that would be the game's fault!

If bumping into walls is more fun than actually playing the game the way it's meant to be played, the game couldnt've had awesome gameplay...

i too enjoyed counter strike when it first came out

well it could be ignorance of how to play the game correctly.

Also, to play any game correctly and in an advanced manner takes some degree of "work" and "teamplay" and "organization"

I am still in my clan, but I do not play it with them.

I often play it at lan parties, though.

Nowadays I almost find it more fun making maps and scripting them than actually playing the game :P

I don't play much any more...