Dune mod for Generals

Dunenewt

:D

Hi,

I have been trying to think of a name for my mod (Ixians, Corrino and TL/Guild as main houses with the AT, OR, HK, FR, as sub-houses plus Landsraad Army (replaces Imperials).

I like your suggested titles: Imperial Apocalyse and Conflict of the Landsraad, if these titles are not chosen for your Generals Mod, could I please use them?  ;)

:)

Not just yet, I have added your idea for a title to my signature (thank you again), but still have a lot of work to do.

I am presently doing the ICONs for Ixians (was AT) and Corrino (was HK) with SFX voices still not yet done. Otherwise those two side are complete (bar some testing to make certain no units are too strong)

I have then all of the TL/Guild side to do (buildings, units, infantry, ICONs and SFX voices), and then theres the sub-houses to do!

So it is still some months away before I think I should tell the wider Dune2K audience about it.

Perhaps in a month or so when I have the third main house done I will put up some pictures. My biggest problem is that the mod is going to be very big (in excess of 20Mb I think) to upload to Dune2K and then very slow for people to download...

Ok, ideas so far then:

Arrakis: The Dawn of A New Conflict

Generals: Battle for Dune

Dune, A New Dawn

Dune: Arrakian Armeggedeon

Dune:Imperial Apocalypse

C&C: Bassarim

C&C: Arrakis: The Sihaya

I would like to avoid C&C in the name as it not part of the C&C series and I would also like to avoid Arrakis unless we have Stefan's permission as that was the name of his game.

You don't really need his permission, since he didn't make it up. :P

What's wrong with Generals: Battle for Dune?  Descriptive, yet concise.  And simple.  People can remember that.  Kind of like "Renegade Alert".