Iain McNeil and the missing house in dune2k

shygirl4

This is a question primarily for Iain McNeil as he worked on dune2k, and you will only notice this if you play multiplayer , but when you are in the game creation channel you get a choice of Atredies harkonen and ordos but there is also a black hole (a space) where another house icon should have gone, (see my screenshots) but for some reason it was removed , was it a fremen icon  or perhaps a smuggler icon, im just curious as to what should have gone there and why it was removed, anyone have any ideas ?

Shy  ::)[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

holy shit i don't know, i look and i look but that square doesn't seem to look any different than its surroundings... Are you sure you see a black square there? :) . and i don't think that they intended a fourth house, considering that it is a remake of dune2.  :-

ahh mystery solved by me, hehe, the screenshots where not of good quality, so i have posted a NEW one, and you will clearly see the black hole (I hope) there is definatly a black space there as it cuts through the border, and can be clearly seen online, and in a couple of days I will post the answer to what was ogiginaly there, A nice puzzle for all you dune2000 fans.

Shy  ::)

p.s. ive had to zip it, when unzipped, view it with mcrosoft paint or paintshop pro[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Why would this have to indicate a house was cancelled? I really bet they were thinking to themselves, lets scrap all that work we did for House *blank* but leave this black hole here where their logo would have been... and out of proper position anyway :P

*Turns brightness up* Oh right yeah  :D I see it now!. Wow, that realy is a black square. I don't know what should've been there :) . I agree with Inoc that it is a bit out of position. It might have been a square to display the house you just selected or something.... could be... dunno :) . Probably not.... good try anyway. :)

But on my dark monitor i didn't see it before... And you didn't edit that picture now shygirl did you? :)

My guess is that it was for a spectator to watch others play.

would be my first guess to.

Nema, as for your conclusion that Your House is centralised above the other 3 icons and would make another icon in that place illogical. . the text is not in the same layer as the background, and as such edited in there on a later date. . may at that time the house icons had been placed and the text could be centralised. At that time however they already had made the background to support another icon.

And if it says your house . that doesn't mean there could have been another icon in there not related to your house. ..

Yes, but the four icons would have been off center in that case gryphon. Why would they make it like that? And if they were centralized, all four in the beginning, the black square would be somewhere else (a position representative of the outermost logo of four centered ones).

I see it more clearly now - but it isn't a house that's missing - the black square is somewhat bigger and spaced very differently (use paint to fill it white to see more clearly). Perhaps it's there for something like an avatar, or status icon, or clan, or nationality, or something like that.

i think. foutrh house is custom house ( player can add house example[ mercenaries,smugglers,fremens,sindicators]

but to add house to dune2k we need a visual basic C++ 6.0 standard edition. just recompilling game... but we need a dune2k source codes. these sources can be extracted from game, but must be maked a great long work to remake dune2000 :D:D:D

i looked to shots and i found fourth hole, and another two holes near button kick and ban, these buttons are removed or game is not finished.. 

maybe to dune2000 is possible create own buldings/units like in c&c red alert 2, or c&c tiberian sun ...?  but if is possible to add fourth house...then game have more secrets than actually has been discovered....

dune2k is like cheese ... evry secret is placed in random hole in cheese

dune2000 sometimes crash in normal missions ...

"i think. foutrh house is custom house ( player can add house example[ mercenaries,smugglers,fremens,sindicators]"

Any particular reason for this house being placed in a different place to the others?

And reverse engineering is illegal, syczec.

"i think. foutrh house is custom house ( player can add house example[ mercenaries,smugglers,fremens,sindicators]"

Any particular reason for this house being placed in a different place to the others?

And reverse engineering is illegal, syczec.

i know that, but i want penetrate evry bug in dune2000 and if is possible fix him, or remake ...

ps. said SYCZEK NOT SYCZEC

FOOL

• 4 weeks later...