Dune2k

TMA_1

maybe I should post this on the dune2k forum, but more posters here.

I just got back into dune2k, and am wondering how many of you still play. Of course I have other more modern games, but this one is so fun! Any tips for me? also, anything that is really cool to do on it?

Also, what are some of your favorite addons and mods guys?

Yeah, i started playing again recently. I dunno if you have the RC or .dll file already, otherwise you should download it. Shygirl placed all the info in the dune2k thread. There aren't many players online. but like in emperor, they are all nice and more than willing to play with you, even though you may be a newbie like me :) . Good though, i too like the game a lot again

I totally agree with you about the orni's vanguard. I also like the way the units look in the artwork when talking to the mentats, like the trikes, the trikes look a lot cooler than dune2k. I also like the game better, but it comes down to simple facts.

I cant run it on my computer.lol

A fun thing to do in Dune2k, is to grab a pack of Ordos Combat Tanks, and go hunting for enemy infantry to crush. ;D Ordos Combat Tanks are the perfect unit for this IMHO, since they are the fastest combat tank out of all three.

I have a few mods I downloaded for Dune2k still on my hard drive, but it's been so long since I played them I've forgotten what they do. :P

I do agree that dune2, for it's time was a lot better, and in some ways was better anyway. Agreed, the dune2 art was the best. Though certain things in dune2k look great, like the deviator, combat tanks and i like it that you can control the fremen in dune2k.

Orni's, well i dunno. In dune2 they were very fast air units that you couldn't control and weren't that effective. In dune2k they come as an airstrike, that could've been better. Also i don't like that they drop bombs. To me ornithopters are more like in emperor

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's C&C but in Lynch movie, great!

The Frank Klepacki music is terrific(by the way is it contextual? , seems to me it is).

Dune 2000 is a highly polished game, and you can control fremen and sardaukars, i enjoyed Dune II when it was new (on my Amiga 1200), but now the controls are simply too bad.

My suggestion to enjoy Dune2000 is playing campaigns adopting the choosen house style. Play violently as harkonnen (devastators+death-hand), play elegantly as atreides (sonics+fremen+ornis), play insidiously as ordos (deviators+saboteurs).

My best defensive trick is backup your turrets with missile tanks plus backup the missile tanks with a repair pad. Very efficient against IA.

The secret is few losses and repair often.

Then capture a windtrap, build a repair pad in the IA base and swarm it with devastators (much fun, works very well for hark mission 8 ).