Beat em up

Terror

Hi, since i'm practicing martial arts myself, and i just like hand to hand combat and games like beat em ups, i was hoping some of you could help me with advising what Beat em ups there are for the PC and which ones are good.

I do not own a console so there's no point advising there (i know almost all beat em ups are on consoles).

My system is not too new, but not outdated by far. It's a 1.3 ghz computer with a geforce 4 ti4200. Should be able to handle all games 1 year old or older. I have tried finding a beat em up for the computer, but either they are no longer created or i just can't seem to find them. Perhaps any of the Mortal Combat games?

Keep in mind that i'm a fan of martial arts, so if anyone of you knows a game besides battle realms that does something with Martial arts be welcome to post it here. I'm very anxious to hear if there's any game in the genre for the PC that i'm looking for.

Tomb Raider 6 is technically not a beat em up but if you like challenging hand to hand combat it has something for you. There is the option to use guns but nowhere I can think of is it absolutely imperitive. Oh no wait, there is one instance. But in a whole game that's not bad.

Of course you would still have to work with strategy etc so this may not be what you're looking for really... But it's the only game I have like that. Personally I think it's a great game but that's just me...

Hmm, i've played Tomb raider 2 and 3 a little. (The demo's) And though it was a bit fun, it's graphics were pretty good for it's time and had some nice touches i don't think that's realy my game. I realy like cool moves and stuff too. For instance, i liked the lightsaber fighting in Jedi Knight 2, or the melee fights in Rune

At Cyborg: Ok, so which Mortal Kombat would you recommend to me Cyborg? I've read that nr. 4 wasn't too good, but if it were 3d that would be nice. And I hope it has quite a lot of moves :) .

Mortal Kombat 4 is very good.

It's in full 3d, and features countless moves, special moves and finish moves. Dirty character specific weapons are also introduced in this version :D

A good beat'em up game, I'd say!

Get Mortal Kombat 4 its good, i like it. Infact imma go get it back yeah. The combos, ahhhhh, i could win the hardest ladder with liu kang agasint every oppoent with flawless victory. liu is the easiest.

The game is only 25 mb without videos .... lol

...Oni, which you should be able to find in most discount bins by now.  Developed by the minds behind Halo and the Marathon series, it's a great deal of fun to play, with or without weapons, but for some reason it was never developed to its full potential.  Imagine capture-the-flag with no weapons, for instance.

Oni Central is a good starting point in terms of information.