battle against chaos

thomas

refer to the "rise of the undead" prologue thread for background.

in the year 1776 the forces of evil have spread across earththe world the banded together and fought this enemy with the help of the Ordo Malleus and the the world's militaries they succeeded. . .almost, the population of Earth is now in the millions (7 million) and CHaos still lingers and is slowly growing.

the only true way to defeat chaso is to kill the Demon Lord Typhus and his two knights, Kharn and Archaon. that's you goal. the last true civilization is in japan and Mr. Yamamoto is willing to give the individual who defeats typhus 15 million credits. Japan is also technologically modern by todays standards and will give your character weapons and ammo needed

rules:

3.you may only carry a MAXIMUM of 10 weapons (dual weapons and multiple (ie 3 gernades or dual uzis) are the exception having a flash and frag gernade doresn't count as one, it's two.

2.you are not invincible nor do you have infinite ammo, MOdern weapons and ammo are rare, cased bullets are rare.

3. you may have a vehicle gas is extremely rare almost impossible to find, you may recieve a modern vehicle in the beginning but as before gas is rare.

4. their are cities left that have modern weaponry but sell that weaponry at high prices, you're not a millionaire

5. you may be rambo but you still can be killed.

6. horses and other primitive forms of transportation is not plentiful nor rare. you can have a horse, or any other suitable stead, most modern animals have larder counter-parts these are dire-animals )(direrat, direlion,diretoad) you may tame either,

7. all chaos beasts are pure evil and can't be your friend

8. have fun

ok modified it you may take anything modern in the beginning because we all start in Kyoto Japan gather your gear and ammo (specific counts please)

Character name: Jaq Draco

Sex: Male

Build: Medium Height, Muscular

weapons:

*battle axe (single blade),

*.357 magnum 5 round chamber S&W revolver-long barrel,

*dual Military style Berettas,

*MP5 with full stock. scope. and flashlight foregrip,

*pump shotgun sawed barrel and no stock.

*PSG1 sniper rilfe w/ 10x scope infared and night vision

*k-Bar knife

Ammo: (extra ammo)

20 .357 ammo

10 beretta clips (9mm)

5 MP5 clips

40 12-gauge shotgun rounds

gear:

transportation:

My name is Tyvold Markus

I have styled myslf as a "protector of humanity" and I constantly go out on the fringes of civilization to try and protect the people.

I wear old military body armor that I found, and I have an old helmet that I pulled out of an old crashed helecopter, so when I can find a powersource to plug it into, I have a radio, and IR/nightvision.

My weapons:

A katana long sword (Odachi) I made out of titanium plating from old military units, so that it is very light, but still hard.

2 combat knives made the same way.

2 .45 calibre pistol with red dot sites, with 27 rounds (3 clips) each

A modified M-14, with a scope and red dot site, with 150 rounds(5 clips)

A HK MP-7, with 150 rounds(5 clips)

4 frag/concussion grenades

A light, collapsable crossbow.

I assume that everything we have, we have to be able to carry around with us, am I right?

Oh yea even though I dont like the Idea of fighting for Japan...I aint got nothing else to do....:

Name:Ryan Sharpie

Sex: Male

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue

Family: Angela Rodrigues, Last seen In Chicago Illinios before alll contact with America ended. He has made a pledge to find her and kill those creatures who have nearly destoyed the world. No other known parties for his family.

Weigh: Enough

Weapons: 1 Double bladded light battle axe.

1 M-16 with full auto capability and 450 rounds of ammuntion. and atachable bayonet

2 45 caliber side arms with 85 rounds of ammuntion.

1 K-bar knife

2 9mm pistols with 110 rounds of ammuntion

1 Macheate

1 M60 machine gun with 400 rounds(two small barrel clips)

1 swiss army knife.

Will make interductory post later...tired

Ok, even though I did not make this thread up, I would like to remind people that the equipment they have they will have to actually be able to carry around with them, so if you have tons of big bulky stuff, you wont be able to move fast or be very manuverable.

the average american soldier carries 1500 rounds of ammuntion, sea rations, and body armor it is about 30- 80 pounds. So dont tell me what i have is not possible, becouse Rangers do it, Delta force surely can, as can the Navy seals, just becouse i actully now how much stuff a human can carry.

I am not talking about weight, I am talking about bulk, and I did not say it was impossible, I just said that movment would be inhibited, and in that I am right. And I know people can carry that much weight around, but even SEAL teams have to go slower to accomidate the guy toting around the '60.

his gear is fine, my character also carries quite a bit of gear, a PSG1 with the therma;/nightvision/reg 10x scope is the same bulk as a '60.

oh and I carry 5 clips for the sniper rifle. making my total bout 430 rounds being carried

ok will wait to see if anyone else will join, and it doesn't take place in Japan that's just where we'll start to get out gear

my character has little gear cept a kevlar vest, Ghille suit, 10x binoculars, multiple bandoliers for weapons/ammo and armoured gloves.

BTW where shall mr. yamamoto drop us off (it'll be by air)?

Character Name: Ralf Osgoreld

Size: 6'1" (My actual size)

Male

Blue eyes, blond-brown hair.

Carrying:

1 H&K UMP45 with 85 rounds

2 Desert Eagle dual pistols with 160 rounds(8 clips each)

1 Barret .50 Cal sniper with 93 rounds

2 Katana lightweight swords slung diagonally across back

1 Silenced machine pistol with 67 rounds

Armor: Flak vest and kevlar helmet

Additionals: 2 weeks' rations, several flasks of water.

Most of the guns are in a Large, leather trenchcoat.

Ammo is also in there, except for some on bandoliers.

Small first aid kit and tool kit in backpack.

Name: Slathius Adjentus

Height: 6'2

Weight: 234

Blue Eyes

Long Blond Hair w/ black Streaks

Weapons:

1. A light-weight long sword

2. Dual Pistols 200 bullets each

3. Sniper Rifle .50 500 bullets

4. 2 Knives - 1 in boot - 1 in pocket.

5. 25 mm Machine Gun

Mic:

1. Medium Body Armour

2. Binoculars

3. 2 flasks of water

4. Backpack containing:

a. First aid kit

b. Rations

c. 2 Ex Packs

d. Tool Kit

Ok done.. I think we should start on a hill north of tokyo overlooking the corrupted and crumbled city of Tokyo.. Good idea?

My breath is full of ice, I'm running for my life, the pack on my back is slowing me down, the cries of the ghouls behind me are growing, I must go faster.

I turn around behind me and look at the what was a city its moving with the slow living dead and at the tip is dozens of rushing dead. I turn lift my M-16 and fire a short burst down into the sea behind me, several fall dead but they fail to take notice they mearly keep running towards me. The sun burns overhead wind blows the grass casully around me.

I run.

A river apears at the bottem of the next hill, I dont have enough tiem to stop, I miss place my step and roll, vision blured.

Cold, Ice cold water rushs over me, I open my mouth for air but water rushs in, Sunlight peirces through the crystal clear water. I push with all my might to the top and gasp for air.

The sound of the dead behind me growing, I strugle under the weight of my supplies but andreniline replaces my exhusation,I grab onto the rock on the shore and pull my self up, soaking wet, soaking under the heat of the sun. Under normal circumstances that would have been a nice break from the heat. But circumstances had not been normal in a long time.

Suddenly A idea strikes me, The dead probebly wouldnt notice the river either, A trap comes to mind. I pull my self to the top of the hill. Slip the back off my back and take out my decembled M60. Quickly as possible I assemble it, Making sure that every spring and peice is in the right place. I lay down at the top of the Hill, My side arms set beside me for easy access.

Come on you sons of bitchs come on. I think to my self finger around the trigger.

The first came over the hill, I held my fire, He seen me right away and rushed towards me, not seeing the river till it was to late and splashing into the cold water, I still held my fire. the top of the hill suddenly sprang up with Ghouls, the fast striking members of the dead. They sled like dumb fish into the water and kicked there feet and arms in a pitiful atempted to swim.

Then I fired, The Recoil shaking my body, Rounds ripping into the water nearly deafening. Water shout up at a constant rate as i drew line after line in the water.

I stopped, The water filling with blood, Red blood.

The Ghouls had been butchored slaughterd by the trap.

But still more groans came.

I dont have enough ammo for this shit. I Think to myself taking apart the M60 and picking up the spent cartridges, heavens knows when i might get some frash rounds.

And I continue to Run, Looking for away to cross the sea, To find my sister and kill those basterds that made the world the way it is today.

Hows that for a post? :)

" ahh, so nice to see you fifteen have answered my request for Demon-hunters to kill Typhus and his minions. I have raised the bounty, due to the amount of you that have come, to 50 million credits, It'll be for each of those that come back alive."

"Which means it'll all go to me" said Tall Russian man with Biceps the size of watermelons stepping out of the group. "Shut up Peter, it's going to me," replied a medium build man with a british accent. "Settle down, settle down I'm sure all of you have the ability, now then I am sending you to kill kharn first to weaken the Demon forces in Asia. we have reports he is somewere in Sri Lanka, suit up," Mr. Yamamoto then pressed a button hidden on the under side of his chair, one of the walls in the room depressed and slid to the side revealing rows upon rows of weapons and ammunition. [note you all have your weapons and gear from him this is for NPC's and future people in this in case they join later {today only, rest are NPCs}]

A few American mercenaries each grabbed an M-16, and a couple 100 round box clips. Two russians walked towards the wall, one of them ,Victor, picked up the minigun and two 500 round barrels of ammo. One he slung over his shoulder. The rest of the Mecenaries and bounty hunters grabed weapons and ammo from the wall. "don't worry, you'll get more ammo later, I'll be sending a cargo crate by air after I recieve word that Kharn is dead. You won't recieve the money until Typhus is dead though"

The fifteen loaded onto a C-130 Spectre gunship armed with 4 mini-guns, two on each side.

The blood pounded in my ears as I ran. I left my temporery shelter a few hours earlier, and thinking that I would need to be stealthy, I left most of my firearms back at my base. I took with me only my MP-7 and my blades. Unfortunatly, I got cut off, and I was having to fight my way back, while being chased by several more of the bastard ghouls. 2 miles back, I had fallen, and twisted my leg, so I could not hope to run fast enough to outrun them for very much longer.

The branches of the trees slapped my face as I ran, blurring my vision. Breath was coming in short harsh rasps, as the pain in my leg shot up again and again and my feet pounded on the ground. Just one more mile, thats all I needed, till I had guns, and saftey.

I could hear the rasping breath and screeches of the ghouls behind me, getting closer and closer. I knew that I would never be able to run enough to escape them. I tensed myself for action, and gripped the hilt of my katana. As I stumbled again, I felt a long arm reach out and grasp my shoulder, and my body kicked into action. I reached behind me and grabbed the deamonic arm, spinning around I cut the first creature it half at the waist. I swung the long blade in a swinging arc slicing into the next one of the bastards. They just wouldnt stop coming. The sword kept on going, almost as if it had a mind of its own, biting into the undead flseh, over and over it cut.

They kept coming, faster and faster, and the blade came up to meet each one in turn. They seemed to be all around me, when all of a sudden, they disapeared. I cut through one of them and spun to cut into something trying to sneak up behind me, but there was nothing there. Where before I had been surrounded, there was now nothing. I looked around in suprise, but could not figure out where they had all gone. I had been lucky. I didnt have enough ammo for my guns to kill all the bastards that I had just escaped, and more guns would have weighed me down to much to effectivly swordfight anyways, so it was pure chance that saved my life this day. I would have to remember that, and think of new escape stratagies as I ran home.

After all, I still had a plane to catch.

The large cargo plane had extra armor plating and four mini-guns, Each had large blets of ammo going into large 5000 round barrels.

the inside of the plane was rather bare, a green light hung near the end of the plane, a yellow light in the middle and four red lights, each above a mini-gun, on the sides of the plane, manning the gatling guns were four of Yamamotos men. As the plane flew over the sri Lank the Yellow light tarted flashing, Each mini-gun started up raining hundreds of rounds into the forests below, from the ground it would look as if four pillars of red fire stretched from teh sky to the earth. After several minutes, one by one, the mini guns ran out of ammo. one by one the red lights then turned on, then when all four were lit the green light turned on and the massive cargo door in the back opened up. "GO!GO!GO!" screamed the co-pilot through the small door leading to the pilots compartment. All fifteen of the hired gun s jumped out of the plane onto a small field in the middle of demon infestred lands. Peter the large Russian loaded his mini gun and started pouring rounds into the large group of ghouls and zombies ripping them into shreds dropping their ranks fast. the three Americans took prone and kneeling positions a few feet from peter facing the opposite direction and started firing small bursts into a new group. The other russion was a female known only as fox, she carried with her a large .50 cal sniper rifle and a glock 18 (semi-auto) . SHe soon went into a prone position and snapped of rounds into the waves of undead rushing, who needs accuracy when you're completely surrounded.

Jaq Draco had his k-bar strapped to his shin, his battle axe at his waist, his dual berettas his thigh holsters, his S&W in an armpit holster, his PSG1 across his back and his MP5 in hand firing in 3 round bursts as he landed quickly pulling out his k-bar to cut his ropes then re-holstering it to keep firing.

The British fellow was named roseberry and carried a Steyr-Aug bulpup with him. He quickly ran over next to Victor and Fox covering their left side. The THree Americans were named Jack, Thomas, and Samuel each was an ex-ranger and each had an m-203 at the bottom of their M-16s, occasionally one would fire a frag into the crowd of zombies then fire in full auto at charging ghouls.

the other 6 were all S. Korean and had been swarmed by the Ghouls just after landing, Each of them were dead, pulled abart and eaten alive by the ghouls.

Tyvold had just gotten back to camp and gotten his equipment back, when he heard the sounds of huge ammounts of gunfire. I quickly grabbed my rifle and ducked outside, just in time to see several people in parachutes fall onto the ground, followed almost immidiatly my more gunfire. I ran over as fast as I could, lay down behind a rock cover, and started firing into the hoard of zombies and ghouls.

I waited a while until after the gunfire had died away, and shouted out, "Who's there, Declare yourself!"

Hearing the sound of rifles and machine guns, i ran onto a hill and took out my Barret. Firing into the the crowd of sombies, each shot scoring either in the head or chest, i spent 17 rounds. Then i took out my pistols and ran down the hill, stoppin next to a rock. When the gunfight was over, 38 pistol shots had been spent. I sat up and heard someone shout "Who's there? Declare yourself!" I walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder, immediately feeling hi tense, then relax.

"my name is Ralf Osgoreld. I'm here to kill the undead."

Walking slowly among the many corpses, both went to the middle of the field. Several corpses ahd large parts of their heads blown away from the .50 cal, with only a jawbone or so left. He noticed more than 13 of those, so he could not be the only one with a sniper. They went to the group of humans in the middle of the clearing, all of whom were restocking their weapons or cleaning blood off themselves. Ralf noticed a woman with another 50 cal.

"Nice work. They're gone."

No sooner had he said that than a hellish scream arose from the cluster of bushes. Two ghouls ran at him. One jumped up to catch him in the chest, and was promptly dispatched with a katana. The other fared likewise.

Masahiro Hayamoto

Japanese male

brown eyes, black hair

weight: 155 pounds

height: 1.80 metres

Weapons:

Dual AMT hardballers (70 rounds total)

Silenced Beretta 92 (90 rounds)

SPAS-12 (semi automatic shotgun) (40 rounds)

Dragunov SVD Sniper (25 rounds)

Traditional Katana sword (stolen...hehe)

Tanto (old japanese dagger)

Misc:

Kevlar vest

Night vision

Scuba suit

I surveyed the death and destruction that lay all around us.

Damn we were good.

But there were some things that needed to be done before we could relax. I slung my rifle over my back and pulled out my Katana. I started walking around and making sure all of the damn zombies were dead, quickly decapitating any that seemed to have a spark of life left in them. After all of the nearby zombies had been checked, I went back to the middle of the clearing.

He started talking, while cleaning his sword

"Well, its sure nice to see some new faces around here. I assume we are all here for the same thing, and its damn nice to have some company. Who are all you guys?"