Alliance problems (Ix-Tleilaxu) & (Fremen-Harkonnen)

Charliec81

1. How on ARRAKIS can you get BOTH the Tliealxu and Ix to ally with both of you ?

I've been trying for a while, and no results.

2. A weird thing occured to me.

While playing as Copec, and making alliances with the Tleilaxu and the Sadukar, at the very last mission on Arrakis, while laying siege to the Ordos stronghold, in the misison briefing, Yanich Kobal said that the Fremen wished an alliance with us.

Incredible.

Mainly because I'd rather have the Freemn ally with Gunseng, NOT Copec.

ANy idea as to how this happened ? ANd how it cann be controlled ?

~

Note: the best alliance strategy still remains Atreides-Fremen Saudukar. Glory to ATreides !

1. It isn't easy, but I think it is possible. Remember that the Tleilaxu is an enemy of all the other Subhouses, so if you are going to do a mission for the Tleilaxu you will most likely break an alliance with Ix, Sardaukar or the Fremen. And since you aren't allied with Fremen: Try to wait until a mission appears where you must do something for the Tleilaxu to fight the Fremen.

2. Did you finish the game (with another House/or with Gunseng)?

Otherwise this might contain a spoiler:

[hide]In the last 3 missions (the stronghold, the homeworld and the Emperor Worm) you will fight against the alliance between the Spacing Guild and the Tleilaxu, together you fight with the Fremen, Sardaukar and Ix. If one of these three Houses isn't your ally already it will become one. And if you are allied with the Tleilaxu, that alliance will break.[/hide]

1. Thanks.

2. Dude, I know what you're referring to: the last mission against the Emperor worm.

No: what happened was that I was layin siege to the Ordos capital on Arrakis, and, because I didn't ally with the Saudukar, and only allied with the Tlielaxu, not only did the Sukdukar ally with me, so too did the Fremen.

Must be a glitch.

No, that is supposed to happen. The guild and Tleilaxu are playing together, trying to get the emperor worm and become rulers over Arrakis.

The only house that can stop the guild and the Tleilaxu at that point is you. But because the fremen, sardaukar and IX also don't want that the Guild and the Tleilaxu prevail, they join you... for the moment, to stop them from waking the emperor worm.

He's talking about the attack on the capital, and the same thing happens. All subhouses save the Tleilaxu and Guild automatically ally with you. When your the Harks attacking the Atreides, you take over a Sardaukar Base, but when your attacking as the Atreides you take over a Fremen base.

Irken it's not a glitch, and you'll notice in Timenn's post:

(the stronghold, the homeworld and the Emperor Worm)

The stronghold is the attack on the enemies capital, the homeworld is the attack on their homeworld, and the last of the three should be obvious.

And Lowzeewee, we know he's talking about the pre-worm missions, because Timenn included them in his post. This affect does happen save in the following scenario:

Harks/Ordos attacking Atreides. The Fremen are allied with the Atreides in the last two missions before the Emperor Worm mission, no matter what.

1. How on ARRAKIS can you get BOTH the Tliealxu and Ix to ally with both of you ?

Firstly, I'll say that allying with with Tleilaxu using the Atreides is impossible.

Allying with the Fremen as the Harkonnen is impossible.

You can easily ally with both the Tleilaxu and the Ix using House Ordos, or House Harkonnen.

I thought that most people would have figured out how to get both alliances by now, but since people don't seem to know, I'll leave it in hidden text as a possible spoiler.

*SPOILER*

[hide]The important thing to remember is that you must ally with the Ix before you ally with the Tleilaxu. Your alliance with the Tleilaxu will be lost if you attempt to help the Ixians after you've gained an alliance with the Tleilaxu.

There is a mission that requires you to attack a civilian settlement. Doing so will enrage the Fremen though, so think about whether you want this. Completing this mission will gain you an alliance with the Tleilaxu, but will not affect your relationship with the Ix. If you already have an alliance with the Ix at this stage, you should gain an alliance with the Tleilaxu, but keep your alliance with the Ix.[/hide]

As for the 'both of you', I don't understand what you mean. Are there two of you there? I thought there was only one player.

In multiplayer, any alliances the host gains during the game, the secondary player also gains.

He's talking about the attack on the capital, and the same thing happens. All subhouses save the Tleilaxu and Guild automatically ally with you. When your the Harks attacking the Atreides, you take over a Sardaukar Base, but when your attacking as the Atreides you take over a Fremen base.

Irken it's not a glitch, and you'll notice in Timenn's post:

(the stronghold, the homeworld and the Emperor Worm)

The stronghold is the attack on the enemies capital, the homeworld is the attack on their homeworld, and the last of the three should be obvious.

And Lowzeewee, we know he's talking about the pre-worm missions, because Timenn included them in his post. This affect does happen save in the following scenario:

Harks/Ordos attacking Atreides. The Fremen are allied with the Atreides in the last two missions before the Emperor Worm mission, no matter what.

Yup, THAT's what I'm talking abput

BEFORE you invade the enemy's homeworld,. you attack his capotal.

I ws playing as COpec Harkonnen, and I had allied ONLY with the Tleelaxy, and, i actually suspected the Sudkar to allyw ith me...

But, the Fremen also allied with the Harkonnen !

ANd even more shocking: Yanich Kobal actually said "Excellent ! We gained an alliance with the Fremen !"

Now, this is so Not DUne...how can Harkonnen ossibly ally with the Fremen ?

And yet: it happened !

(need to try it again, take a screenshot, and show all of you)