SOMEONE PLZ HELP

mordusxxx

well comp is fine now, but got a new problem, :'(

every time i load my game and try to play, it works alright, loads alittle slow, but when for instance i select accept for the game, it freezes up for a while not forever but forawhile, and when i am playing the game everytime i get a building built, i select on it and it freezes up for awhile it will load after a min or so, but i dont knwo what the problem is game runs fine it seems until i get a buidling done, and or when i select accept at beginning of the game. anyone atall have anyhelp for me plz this needs to stay here so more people see it, any of u have this problem? plz reply DUNE2K

well everything is fine now atomic, the computer works now, and i restored it to a later date thats why it works now, but the damn game wont work i mean runs smoothly unitl it gets to the point of freezing i think its just the game its so scratched up i will most likely have to buy a new game, but i dont understand why it will only freeze when a building is done thats the only problem really :- :'(

Errmm, do you mean you restored it to an earlier date ?

Did you install the XP updates from microsoft using the update feature in tools/update using Internet Explorer.

Because theres a one of the updates that adddresses this issue.

It could be your emp cd too, is it an original ?

Try cleaning the cd rom using washing up liquid, make sure you use a lint free cloth to dry it !afterwards.

Also how old is your CD ROM drive ?

Just to be shure, it is just hapening when you place a new building on the map ?

When you have a lot of units [ 80+ ] the game still runs ok .. even if they start fireing ?

Does it happen with any game type or just one and is it related to a certain map ?

happens in all games even in skirmish not online, when i build my refinery or my barracks at the begininng it freezes then it runs after that then freezes when the next building is on< i dont know what the problem is, still have origanal cd and cd rom drive dont know though will clean it out maybe thats it but i dont know :'(

this has been mentioned before, but what kind of graphics card do you have? you'll need at least a 32 to run it properly, same problem happened to me, the problem was I didn't have a decent G-card, oh and I had 128 back then and it ran after I got my card. and the nvidia 5950 FX is the best nvidia out right now ;)

Hmm, i'm sure hardware is not an issue, as in those cases the game should run slow too.

I don't know about your direct x version and video card drivers, but updating those would be a good idea. Posting your direct X diagram here would be neat too.

click start

click run

type dxdiag

save the text as a .txt file and attach it to a post on dune2k.

Also mind that you have enough free disc space.