ebfd shuts down

Big D

• 2 weeks later...

(utter fury) >:( :O

the *$#@%@#%# game did it again

I was playing with the atreides and everything was going well

I was playing the mission were you get to save the duke

I was almost done, I wanted to save the game and then the 90|) |)4//n3|) game crashed

(shreeks in agony :'( :O)

dunno I don't think so. BUT I have nav2002 and my virus updates have ended, causing nav to pop-up a screen asking me to register or sumtin like that. this is very annoying and I can't get it to leave, but I do not know if this has anything to do with ebfd's poor performance

btw I have started to play fair. without the trainer. so the trainer cannot be responsible for the crashes

it happened again. :'(

I was about to start the mission were you must reclaim the captured atreides frigates, and then I was booted back to the desktop. If I try to restart, the same thing happens.

but if I restart the comp it does work

btw sorry for the multiple posting, I'll try to type everything down in one post from now ::)

Well put it this way, I have a labrador dog , my comp is a few weeks old, when I checked my fans recently, they were full of dust and the one on the graphics card, these fans are so small the only need a chunk of fluff to stop the fan running.

Which results in your comp reaching it's shut off point for the CPU.

I suspect also your power supply maybe is not powerful enough, Minimum should be 400 Watts for a new PC running games.

Lower rated ones work fine for office type applications but not Games !

The extra load caused by graphics cards taxes alot of PSU's to the point of voltage breakdown, which shows up as random freezups and system crashes.

Once you re-start your comp after this happens, the temp drops and therefore you can play the game again, until it reaches it's cut off point once again.

Try running the game with your computers side panel off, the side where you can see your graphics card, if your graphics card has a fan on it, use a torch and see if the fan blades are rotating. :)

1) uninstall NAV

2) Unintsall EBFD

3) Re-install EBFD

4) Try playing the game and see if the problem persists. If it does, NAV isn't the cause, so re-install NAV. If the problem stops, try the fix that's posted in the EBFD - NAV thread.

5) Take off the case cover and have an external fan blow cool air inside. If with this the problem stops, you know you have a heat issue.

6) Make sure all background programs not used are closed.

7) Make sure you drivers are up to date, included motherboard drivers.

If you have an ATi or Nvidia card, try the Omega drivers (www.omegacorner.com)

Check how many memory modules you have. If there are 2 or more, try playing with just one module and see if the problem persists. If it does, try another module and see again. This should track if you have a memory issue. From the Lockup thread, I can remember simmilar problems people had (crashes not happening in skirmish)...