RA2 IS MORE ADDICTIVE THAN EMPORER?

I found RA2 more addictive because I gave up on E:BFD after 5 save game crashes, 3 of which were very devastating. I was about to destroy the Ordos Capital and the game just locked up when I was about to save.

RA2 can also run easier on my system anyway. I also prefer the storyline and gameplay of RA2 to Emporer

• 2 weeks later...

While the EB4D vs RA2 debate is showing no end, I'd like to share some of my views.   ;)

RA2 succeeded where TS did not:  It was well balanced, not too complicated and very fun.  Emphasize in the fun factor, added with the comical live acting really gave some value.   :D

EB4D was a pretty complex new formula:  There were these campaigns, more units, 3D game engine and  pretty decent FMVs.  But the lack of humor in the game as well the steep requirements affected the overall value of the game.

Well, EB4D really attracted any Dune enthusiasts with the proper equipment, but for the rest of the general population of gamers... I can't tell.  It's pretty hard I would say.

Interestingly, Computer Gaming World gave a 2.5 star rating for EB4D, stating something about a tired RTS formula.  The storyline was pretty good, but gameplay sometimes disappoints a bit.

"It was well balanced, not too complicated and very fun"

TS was. RA2 was not.

"the steep requirements affected the overall value of the game"

No... it affected its success. It was not in itself a bad thing for Emp as a game. Just WW's lack of foresight.

"a tired RTS formula" "EB4D was a pretty complex new formula"

What? It was partly new (the new bits were good) and partly old (and just because it's old, doesn't mean it's bad).

[glow=red,2,0]TS was a game on it's own. It had nice units and a nice idea, RA2 gives you the idea that there are so few units. TS Graphics looked like something (light effect were awesome  :)) And RA2 graphics is even worse then those from DuneII. And for Emperor: IT RULEZ!!![/glow]

RA2 Looks a little 3D, But BFD IS 3D!!!!!! Long live the Fighters!! IN 3D!!!

Long live Giedi Prime!! in 3D!!!!!!

lol  ;D

Emperor of dune has more gameplay for that matter and its more realistic then RA2 to my opinion.

Its like this, In RA2 You only need tons of Prism's and IFV's and the enemy is already toast. The weapons are so damn cheap and unrealistic. (Not that it would be effective against BFD Units)

In BFD you need to be sneaky and smart to win the Battle. You can build alot Las tanks or Sonic tanks. but the problem is they can be easily taken out by Kobra's Fremen sardauker etc.  :P

RA 2 is more popular because it has far smaller System Requirements for your brain. ;)

I think Emperor is far better in all respects, but I still respect the other guys' opinion (simply because you can't survive on Dune is not proof you're a bad guy).

Emperor is not perfect either. It is not too accurate with respect to Frank Herbert's books, and that matters to me because I have read all of them, like most of you (I hope). :P

However, it is still FAAAR better than some cartoonish mock of WW2, not that cartoons or parodies are bad. (Red Alert is, though) ;D

I disagree!!!  It takes more than just a couple of apocalypse tanks (one of the best units in the game) to take out an entire base.  True, the good units are more powerful, but they cost more.  I respect peoples opinions and, while bothe have flaws, the games are near enough evenly matched!!!!

:) ;D :) ;D :) ;D 8)

Hurry hurry!! Step right up make a ride on the Big Worm dude's Back!!!! If you get lucky you get eaten and receive a Personal Tour of the dead Duke Leto Atreides (What he is killed by a sandworm ??? )

You will see the Magnificent bodies of the Fremen, Sardauker's Atreides Harkonnen and even the Emperor!!!!!!

Get trilled when you see the almost digested Bodies of the "Cough" Red alert unit's, Shai Hulud got soooo Mad he wants to get rid of the unhonorable units. :)