Old testament

It seems bizarre that the Christians,Jews and Muslims all have pieces or the whole of the old testament in their holy books.Why is this so?

And muslim names like Ishak seem like Issac and vice versa.Not to forget Daanyl sounds like Daniel and of course,Ibrahim!!!That seems like Abraham. ???

Well, it isn't some divine coincidence, if you're going in that direction. It was a small world two thousand years ago, and Christianity is the fulfilment of Judaism, so it is no wonder they have a lot in common, and Islam, well Islam probably copied or 'incorporated' details into their holy book.

From my point of view, judaism is religion based on what we call Old Testament, we Christians have improved it with New Testament and Muhammad created a heretical addon for both Bible books named Quran. Without OT you can't understand what these religions are about, as well as you can't see their differences.

Jews and muslims don't accept Jesus as God. Jews banished his teachings also because he attacked the pharisee movement. Muslims accepted Jesus as the highest prophet, as well as his teachings (without the Holy Trinity, we can say, three godly powers). Word, which Arabs use for God (allah) seems to be derived from some singular part of jewish "elohim", majestic plural used by Jews for God. We must not forget that Islam was heavily influented by ancient persian teachings, which were about only two powers: good and evil. So muslims teach only one unpartiable God as the one power, and evil as its abomination, deviated by His former minion Satan.

I watched quite a few videos on that and yes,I understand.But why hadn't the word of "God" reach the chinese and indian civillisations? ???

Maybe it had but they just abandend it right before we came. We don't have records of everthing around that time. judaism was abolished at the cross because now there is a better way. Some haven't heard of the new testament.

Well, it isn't some divine coincidence, if you're going in that direction. It was a small world two thousand years ago, and Christianity is the fulfilment of Judaism, so it is no wonder they have a lot in common, and Islam, well Islam probably copied or 'incorporated' details into their holy book.

I thought Islam came first and then the other two copied it... And then Christianity copied Judaism some more... Maybe not. Religion was never my strong point.

Yes.The chinese and indians had their own religions as early as 5000BC so maybe they didn't bother or it was just too far from the middle east where the OT characters were? ???

Yeah probbly. We don't have much history from the indians. Even they din't know where they came from. There tribes fought agienst one another but right before we came they formed an allience. For all we know the indiens could be offspring of rebel slaves. But to the point you can't say one way or the other.

Islam started in the 5th or 6th century if I am not wrong... :P after the end of exams I have forgotten,lol. ;)

The OT was obviously BEFORE CHRIST,so it has to be 1BC and earlier.

Judaism,lol,i dunno anything about it,only that jews have to wear star hats and that USA has tonnes of jews,who in turn are very smart and successful. ;)

Jesus is not god... ??? He is son of god.

This I've tried to explain to you. God is a being, which we can't personalize to describe it - but without personalisation, no one can understand what He tries to say us! Business of the higher realm is hard to describe, you know, without knowing what is in OT you can't understand terms like Messiah or his sacrifice for our sins. OT is paving a way to christianity. Or replace New Testament with Talmud, and you can know what is judaism about.

In fact, all three religions we've mentioned are based on OT. To understand them, you must look into it.

the reason is:

God called Abram from Ur to found a massive dynasty. He was promised a son through his wife. seemingly impossible: they were both in their 90s. hmm..... rather than think god could do the miracle of having his wife become pregnant, he thought he'd have a son through his wife's servant girl. the kid, ishmael, was eventually banished by abram but god also blessed him with a dynasty cos he was abram's son. ishmael is believed to be the founder of the islamic peoples. and from abram's son with his wife, isaac, came the jewish people. and from them came jesus, and thence christianity.

at least thats what ive heard.

How did they have a child at 99?lol.maybe the time was counted wrongly then,and they were only 33 or something? ???

There are many parts of all the religious books I can't believe.

Anyway,this thread shall be locked,I have already gotten my answer,which is that the religions were derived from one another. ;)