Generals

Fuzi0n

Im at work and having nothing to do so i thought lets write some things emp has in common with generals.

What i found is that the houses have the same advantages and disadvantages against eachother:

Usa-like Atreides u need to get them early on and never stop harassing them. Kill their economy early on or your screwed, like atr whereass u will get a shitload of mino's which are unstoppable in large numbers..

Gla-like Harkonnen the rushing side with not the strongest units but units with good moneys worth. Late game they suck and u need exceptional micro to be a pro with these (ofcourse my favorite)

China-well this has to be like Ordos then and it is true in away. Ordos have sneaky tactics like EITS's which will screw ur base if ur not protected just like lotus. they have a fast rushing unit and are ok late game.

So its alot like emp and when there's finally a good ladder i will be as addicted to gen as i was to emp..

Anyone know when a real ladder is coming (not meaning that crappy cases ladder?)

True but if u get into late game with hark/gla it gets more and more impossible to win.

As for ordos/china they are good for rushing (ord: those insectthingies, forgot the name, china: gattling,flame tank rush) and dont have to fear late game (ord: kobra,lazer china: overlords,nukes)

True but if u get into late game with hark/gla it gets more and more impossible to win.

As for ordos/china they are good for rushing (ord: those insectthingies, forgot the name, china: gattling,flame tank rush) and dont have to fear late game (ord: kobra,lazer china: overlords,nukes)

1.No necessary,harkonnen/GLA can survive late games.

2.Those "insectthingies" are dust scouts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Atreides are the real stealth team though...

However, you can link the GLA with the Ord in the way that they both have pointless silly self-destruct units... j/k... although eits are actually impossible to use in a cost effective manner.... unless you blow them up over a large group of sards or feyds... but large groups of feyds are not just left to be destroyed in the desert and sards would shoot them down...

People who gloat about using 2 to destroy factories or 3 to 4 to destroy con yards make me laugh... both methods result in more money being lost than gained ;D

Atr don't just survive till they get loads of minos (which would be easily beat by the old pro's), as some of the old ATR players like atredemon and dragon would tell you...

Ah, the good old dune days (when my copy worked lol).... getting helplessly overun by hordes of ord laz tanks and/or dusties (not that it really made a difference ;D)

well im talking bout going against a mino hoard (bout 20-30 mino's) with hark, u can say what u want but that cant be stopped (i just never let it come this far).

Same with usa v gla, if u let usa just build u wont win anymore, not matter what u try (all units get owned by paladin,toma,commanches combo..)

not matter what u try

I do not agree with your statement. Like in emperor, it is the player that makes the game, not the army that you are playing. It's a fact that some generals maps give a certain army an advantage, but any experienced player can win eventually with the gla army vs any other army

He wasn't really saying that the GLA are a rubbish team, he's just saying that America is late-game orientated and GLA is early game orientated, and thus when it comes to late game the GLA usually lose VS USA. Of course if you meant that GLA can win late-game against any team, that makes sense. Haven't played the game online so I wouldn't know

It's true that a mino hoard is a bit impossible to beat as Harks... You could argue that by then the Hark player would have an even larger army, but due to the nature of mino's this would not help. The Ordos though can just use laz's though can't they? Also, back when I was playing Emp, I remember hark missile tanks easily beating mino's... but then again I can imagine the missile tank's disadvantage in large-scale cluttered warfare against mino's...

exactly sneak thats what i was sayin.

and rigel have u ever played gla against a SKILLED usa player?

Do this and u will find out that, if gla doesnt do anything but build up at the start of the game, usa will own gla badly..

and sneak are u not playing zh?? why's that?

have u ever played gla against a SKILLED usa player?

If i had not, i would not have answered ....

( i never play 1 vs 1 games )

The gla can win late in the game like any other army against any other army. I won on my china wall map after more than 50 min of play after releasing my 5 scuds 8)

lol 5 scuds? then i dont think u really played a skilled opponent cuz as soon as they have enough palis/tomis/comanches there wiping u off the map.

No good player wants to go into a superweapon battle with gla cuz scuds own.

no i never play custom, always qm..

played custom one time on a custom made map, and 10 seconds into the game a train came and destroyed all i had..

hah yeah i know those lame maps (not in generals though). It doesn't happen often though. But yeah there was this game in starcraft where the place my scv started there were so many critters i was unable to build any buildings because all the critters took up the space and my enemy ofcourse had plenty of room... how lame.

True but gla late game sux, ordos is good, and harkonnen late game sux, and china very good.

Atleast its clear that atreides=usa ;D

u say ordos late game is good and harkonnen late game sux? i dont agree at all...

And gla late game sux? on big maps they are even the best if u ask me.

It all depends on the player. I definetly don't agree that harkonnen sucks late game. Besides... what is late game in emperor anyway? You can build missile tanks in a matter of minutes and devastators in a matter of a few more minutes (considering that you are also fighting during that time, otherwise it is possible in a much shorter time)

so then late game would be 5 minutes.... kinda early for a late game wouldn't you say? Besides, what is it that makes harkonnen bad in late game?