Modern Pirates

Dunenewt

If everyone were equal then nothing would be interesting. Everyone has to be better at something than everyone else, but not everything. To clarify; If someone were to focus on speed then their offensive capabilities would be reduced. If a person chose to concentrate their finances on defensive capabilities then their speed would dramatically drop. And of course there are the extra ideas that everyone implements themselves to make it more interesting.

Sorry I Didn't post the thread this morning I was busy, all I could do was brainstorm.

Yes I am going to use that idea all ships will be equal in ways, I.E. say someone has a hydrofoil, all the ships weapons will be handheld or small machinegun posts due to the speed at which a hydrofoil travels, the submarine wich I am going to use is small, and agile, due to its abilities its weapons are handheld and take longer to deploy then normal craft, and being a submarine after it is hit a few times it cannot submerge, but mostly in this fic the weapons will be handheld, battleships WOULD be fine but I am not allowing them because what would be the piont of a slow gas guzzling monstocity that would destroy the cargo it needs in 1 shot, and not to mention any battleship of unknown alliegence spotted by any country's authorities, would be destroyed by that country's army before it could get within 100 kilometres of land.

Once I start the thread (wich will be tommorrow because I have more to do today) IM your ship ideas to me along with a small list of possible weaknesses, yes you may use hovercrafts and Hydrofoils. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,can the arguin/discussions please stop and we get the thing back on track?

Anyway,I'm a renegade pirate vessel sailing from Australia.The yacht is small,stolen from a boater.The crew is armed with 1 shotgun and eac one of the crew has pistols.

They are setting sail to the west coast of Australia,looking to raid ships for supplies and such.