Needing some help

Icanlose

Greetings,

I've been breezing my way through the Harkonen Single player campaign till I've found myself grinding to an astounding halt at this stupid Attredis homeworld level.

I've tried every tactic I can think of I just can't get the better of those guys... 25k to start with doesnt seem like near enough to beat those A-holes. Mino's just tear me up and that annoying Hawk strike makes me want to break the cd into little pieces and slit my wrists. Not to mention the annoying fremen who make me want to take my mouse chord and coke myself.

Any suggestions or help to cure me from wanting to hurt myself?

i suggest you get some skill

Hark is way stronger than ATR and the AI in Emperor is incomprehensibly stupid.

In a nicer way to say it,practice some more against Normal AIs and when you can handle them,try Hard AIs and try playing on Westwood Online[WOL] as well to gain more experience and try out all 3 houses several times to see which one you prefer.Read the threads and posts on this board to get more "theory" help.The Normal and Hard AIs are not completely useless but still offers some training lessons.

It depends on how you use the houses' units' abilities... ;)

Edit:Try the subhouses too when you are more familiar with the game.

Edit 2:And as for the harkonnen mission,use buzzsaws to kill the fremen and use assault tanks with the saws to kill the minos.

Good luck!

Try using Assault tanks backed by Missle Tanks.(Ratio: 5:2) for anti-land. Use Assault Tanks to shield the Missle Tanks while they take out all the tough units.(A Missle Tanks can finish anything land units in one round.)

For air, if you can, use the ADP(Air Defense Platform) to anti-infantry defense. Get 5 Landing Pads with 10 Gunships for anti-building purpose.

With Hark Troopers you can take care of the Air Drones and light infantry for anti-infantry.

The main point is to have good micromanagment. I suggest grouping the Assautl Tanks as group 1, and missle tanks as group 2. Make the Light Infantries group 3 while the troopers are group 4. Group 5 can be the Gunships. This gives the order of units that should move forward.

i beat that level on hard first time playing hark, im not a hark person so i didnt have alot of experience other than the whole campaign, but i was stuck untill i gained a fair ground by projecting alot of missle tanks to take out the minos, sards, reg inf, and light vehicles will finish off the rest of atr assaults, i also blew up the palaces as soon as i could with planes and ix, if you have any questions as to manage the units i could be of some help, i was somewhat in your situation

Don't forget to build a nice bunch of buzzsaws...they will not only be useful against the fremen, but (keeping a few away from likely hawkstrike zones) you can also use them to block your hawkstruck units from leaving the map!