Should gay mariages be legal?

"I thought in England for gay people it was still 17?"

I believe it's 21. They can't get any reductions throught the lords...

"Nema I am surprised at the statement concerning marriage by you. That is almost borderline totalitarian thinking. How can people made to be faithful that should not be the concern of the state or government. Society at large does frown apon unfatifulness but what your asking that is just extreme."

Well, if you think about it, it's merely a case of closing and protecting against possible loopholes in one of the most commonly invoked legal contracts. If you think about it, violating marriage is a type of fraud.

So why IS it extreme?

I don't care about morals, my problem is that it is fuckin sick! >:(

*Sigh* Ok; you have the stage.

Why is it sick? In what way exactly? What is so disgusting? Because it is unusual? Not normal? There's no such thing as normal! Because society tells you so? Society's wrong! Because it makes you personally feel ill? You're one unimportant little person, just like the rest of us; what possible importance could your opinions have?

Because of the bible? God doesn't exist! Because of any other religion? They don't exist! What possible, convincing reason can you possibly give to back up your statement above? Go on, try.

Anal sex among heterosexuals has risen high in America. I personally wouldn't do that, because I don't know what's in there or not, but if someone wants to I'd be happy to support their right to, homosexual or heterosexual.

Anal sex among heterosexuals has risen high in America. I personally wouldn't do that, because I don't know what's in there or not, but if someone wants to I'd be happy to support their right to, homosexual or heterosexual.

;) If you could give us a link to your source I would like to read this report it would be rather interesting as to how many people were studied and over what period of time the research was gathered.

@Nema

:- Do you not think that would be a waste of time it is a "personal affair" of the people the only reason I feel it is extreme. It would be a kind of fraud but why choke the judicial system with needless cases. Maybe extreme is not the word incorrect word to use, it gives you the wrong idea about my idea of the proposed sitution.

@Acriku-

??? I have no idea what type of observation you have been engaged with but it sounds like amateur cinema.

It wasn't a scientific inference, but rather from observation.

What do you mean by "observation".I am not trying to sound funny.Really.What do you mean by that? >:(

What's all this stir about?Gays and lesbians mind their own businesses while you guys mind your own.You won't like your friends to ask if you had sex right?Or if your children ask you,"did you just had sex last night?I heard orgasm noises."

Those videos are also defacing the homosexual community and that is being quite "nazi"...but aren't videos of man-woman sexual activity going to be just as bad? :O

Edit in reply to the next post which is dustie's:Then the person who views it is not being realistic.That is being exaggerated to make people feel horny.

Most of the (Christian) religious opposition comes from these two lines in the Old Testament:

Leviticus 18:22

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

If being gay was such a big freaking deal, how come Jesus never mentioned it once? It was only a part of the Levitical laws. And it looks like these two passages don't even include lebians, as they say "man who lieth with man". Lets put these two passages in their proper light, and see what else Leviticus says:

Leviticus 19:19

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Don't let cows interbreed? Better be careful if you're a rancher. Don't sow a field with mixed seeds. Interesting. So now anyone with a mixed garden is hellbound...Don't wear blended clothing of linen and woll. lol. Better check the labels before you buy.

So the government allowing gay couples to be married is like them allowing stores to sell mixed clothes or multiple types of seed at one time. Interesting.

Leviticus 19:26

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Nothing with blood eh? I guess we're all supposed to be vegetarians. I guess that means if the government isn't going to allow gay marraiges based on the Bible they should close down all ranches, butcher shops, meat shops, grocery stores, hunting stores, and places that sell barbeques or meat-shearing knives. After all, God said so.
Leviticus

11:10

And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11:11

They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

11:12

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Clams, oysters and crustaceans like crabs and lobsters are abominations just like gay people. Guess this means that the government should close down most fisheries and Red Lobster...
Leviticus

15:16

And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even.

15:17

And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even.

15:18

The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even.

God's answer to wet dreams. Wash and wash well. 'Nuff said.

Clearly homosexuality isn't so important. Jesus never mentioned it and non-finned, non-scaled sea creatures got more of a nod than gay men. Hmm...could this mean that all the huff about gay marraige isn't really from God, but from people who head churches like the Pope? Could they be *GASP* selectively using the Bible for their own purposes? NO! Nobody has ever done that before. ::) Give me a break. This has nothing to do with religion, God, or the Bible. Gay marraiges don't make for a steady stream of babies to further the religion. That's the real reason opposition is so high from the religious front...

These people, and some of you guys, have made a complete joke out of your faith. Some of you are walking contradictions that follow the teachings of Christ when it suits your interests and prejudices, and forget about the complete love The Man taught when you come across something you can't accept.

And when it comes to gays, boy is it judgement time. Break out the demeaning veiled insults. Forget Christ. Forget what he taught you. "Putting queers in thier place" is more important to some of you. How quickly your morals melt away...

These people, and some of you guys, have made a complete joke out of your faith. Some of you are walking contradictions that follow the teachings of Christ when it suits your interests and prejudices, and forget about the complete love The Man taught when you come across something you can't accept.

And when it comes to gays, boy is it judgement time. Break out the demeaning veiled insults. Forget Christ. Forget what he taught you. "Putting queers in thier place" is more important to some of you. How quickly your morals melt away...

Amen to that! As a Christian, I completely agree with your observations, Ace. A lot of my fellow Christians should give more thought to what Jesus actually said and less thought to their own prejudice.

And as a side note, I'd like to mention that those verses you quoted from Leviticus are aimed at keeping hygiene and eating healthy food more than anything else. I suspect that the verses condemning homosexuality are also there for hygiene reasons. After all, many diseases could be transmitted that way in ancient times (and even now, if you're not careful).

I would like to point out that in your all inclusive views of religion, you all only hit the Judeo-Christian perspective. Many relgions don't care. Many cultures, like the Spartans, actually encouraged it.

It's not about what "you" think, not matter what you may think. Marriage is not a religious insitution, it even exsisted before relgion. It's a social and economic status in which people declare themselves one effective unit.

If homosexuals are willing ot bind themselves in such a way, they have every right too. There are many benifits and if they truely act as a unit, they should get those benifits too. No governemnt or individual has any bussines telling people how to live thier day to day lives.

And if you personly don't like it, then don't do it. If you think it's immoral or amoral more power to you, homosexuals don't really care what you think about what they do in private. You are not obligated to marry anybody.

ACE as usual you have *NO* idea what you're talking about. you've never read the Bible so stop acting like you know what it says.

Jesus *DID* mention Sodomites directly, here you go:

Gospel of Luke

17:28-37

28: Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29: But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30: Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31: In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32: Remember Lot's wife.

33: Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34: I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35: Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36: Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37: And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

that is from Jesus Himself.

you are also wrong when you say that only Leviticus mentions Sodomites directly. i could very easily quote to you a multitude of versus all over the New and Old Testament which directly condemn Sodomites as well as anyone who approves of them. if you need me to do that, just let me know and i'll be most happy to. in the mean time, stop saying that only Leviticus talks about it because that statement is totally untrue

Amen to that! As a Christian, I completely agree with your observations, Ace. A lot of my fellow Christians should give more thought to what Jesus actually said and less thought to their own prejudice.

And as a side note, I'd like to mention that those verses you quoted from Leviticus are aimed at keeping hygiene and eating healthy food more than anything else. I suspect that the verses condemning homosexuality are also there for hygiene reasons. After all, many diseases could be transmitted that way in ancient times (and even now, if you're not careful).

Heh, always nice to hear from someone with logical consistency.

Hmm, interesting idea. That hadn't occurred to me. Perhaps it pertains to the other things as well. Does linen-woll cause some kind of skin irritation? It makes perfect sense, but to me that reinforces the idea that the Bible was man's creation and not divinely inspired. Surely God would have had to know that we would find ways to cook pork properly and boil lobster enough to kill of any harmful bacteria, so why put something so time-oriented in what is supposed to be eternal? (at least, until further notice) My question to you and other Christians would be, given that your (logical) assumption about the reasons for those lines in the Bible, now that the danger poised by those things can be eliminated, is it acceptable to deviate from those instructions? Is it ok to eat lobster and pig and cud-chewing animals? And since the invention of contraception and STD protection, if your answer to the above question is yes, shouldn't that apply to homosexuality, and dare I say it, even to pre-marital (hetero) sex?

ACE as usual you have *NO* idea what you're talking about. you've never read the Bible so stop acting like you know what it says.
LMAO. So now you know me better than I do? What makes you think I've never read the Bible? If I hadn't, how would I have known where to find those Levitical verses? What made you assume I've always been an atheist?

Nav, a Sodomite in the Bible is most often a reference to a person of the city of Sodom. Other references are irrelevant, since I'm not talking about tri-sexuals, I'm talking about gays. And in that passage I didn't see anything more than a reference to the city of Sodom. So no, Jesus didn't mention it based on what you've said. And even if there is some small reference, he talked about all that "love thy neighbour" stuff a thousand times more. Remember that Nav? "Love thy neighbour"?

[so no, Jesus didn't mention it based on what you've said.

ROFLMAOPMFP! first *learn how to read*, then scroll up and *read* the quoted passage where Jesus made his thoughts about "homosexuals" known in no-uncertain terms.

after that, then start posting on message boards again. you clearly do not have the necessary qualifications to do so at the moment