Encyclopedia: reedition?

Egeides

Well there is some discussion apparently about a reedition of Dune Encyclopedia by Berkeley (http://www.duneworld.org/collect/other/help_ency.html). Really, I'm not sure lot of people would take the time to write to Berkeley for this, me included. But my point is that I would command in advance if they reedited, and I wondered how many of you would be ready to do same in the case of a re-edition. If I send ONE letter, with a bulk command in advance or something, maybe we'll get it someday...

Anyone knew about this thing??

PS: I didn't knew where to post this because of the "Encyclopedia on ebay" thread... :O

EDIT:

Until now, some would sign:

Me

Vanguard3000

Okay, it makes 2, but perhaps no one thought to propose themselves :P

I'd just write a little letter saying we are all people that would be ready to buy from the moment it gets printed.

It's a bulk command where each book is sent to a different adress ;D (Berkeley is certainly organized enough to do this so no need to do it ourselves for international destinations)

Personally, I want it hard cover deluxe edition with quality paper and ink :P

This information is old. Dr. McNelly passed away a few months ago. Even still, I don't know if the Herbert Partnership would allow it to be released. At Dunenovels.com, it says they have no intention of having it reprinted. I don't know if it's a money thing, or something else.

Of course, I'd be interested in buying a reprint if such a program were to go through, even though I have the original.

Ok then... Personally, I'd have no problem to write a few lines and send them to Berkeley. I rarely have a problem when it comes to building something that may bring something positive... So do we move or don't we?

those of you who havent read the DE are missing out. It is the only product which I support downloading online. which isnt illegal at all. I mean you download it because you already own it and want to read it online. yeah thats it... caugh. ;)

Andrew: Much higher. As in twice that amount (US dollars). On Ebay, they usually start at about $9, but end at about $100 usually. My copy, which is a hardcover copy in near-mint condition (and a free dust jacket! ;)) was about $135 USD I think everything, including shipping, currency conversion, and bank fees, it cost me about $228 CAD. Admittedly, I probably payed a bit much, but it's worth it.