chapterhouse cover art

Zopwx2

Quotes from Heretics Dune:

From her high vantage, Taraza could see the entire southern sprawl of Chapter House buildings. The shadow of a nearby watchtower drew a long uneven line across rooftops and courtyards.

When she thought about it, she knew this was a surprisingly small establishment to contain so much power. Beyond the ring of orchards and gardens lay a careful checkerboard of private residences, each with its surrounding plantation. Retired Sisters and selected loyal families occupied these privileged estates. Sawtoothed mountains, their tops often brilliant with snow, drew the western limits. The spacefield lay twenty kilometers eastward. All around this core of Chapter House were open plains where grazed a peculiar breed of cattle, a cattle so susceptible to alien odors they would stampede in raucous bellowing at the slightest intrusion of people not marked by the local smell.

So that proves to me that it is not the chapter house building..and much of chapterhouse dune takes place in a no ship so I suppose that is it. (but I thought no ships were invisible?)

Any idea what it is exactly on heretics cover?( a town on rakis?, what kind)

well i cant find a pic of my cover..(1984) it looks like there are buildings concealed in a building of some type..

• 1 year later...