House Atreides missle

I just  started playing emporer, and this may seem like a stupid question but what does the atreided missle do attack?  I played harkonen and with them it was very straight forward.  But When I tried aiming atreides missle at a building to attack it nothinig happened.

Explanation please???

Thanx

There is a situation where that is not the case. Suppose a bunch of laser tanks intends to drive between 2 ridges, a focal point. Hawk strike that and all tanks will drive through it and all will be affected, whereas lighting would only affect a few and Death Hand could not be precicely targeted at the right moment to destroy them.

But this is an unlikely scenario  :-/.

well, if u CAN time the amount of time it takes for a

Death-Hand missile to reach it's target..wich i have...it can protect u from overwhelming forces rushing u. just set the death-hand coordinants maybe a few meters ahead of the force, and the force will run straight into the missile when it reaches target. but of course you'd need to study unit speeds and the death-hand speed...(did i mention i have)

Have you ever tried targeting enemy harvesters at the refinery?  If you can get a group of them, the Hawk Strike is great against them.  If the enemy puts refineries facing each other, one after another, it's even better.  Best chance scenario, you find 3 harvesters dumping at one refinery, or see a bunch on one spice sand one you kinda forced them onto.  Fear is such a great tool.

VERY HARD TO DO... but if you time the ordos chaos lighting right to hit an enemy building as it is going up (notice it has to hit before its completed) but it will make the building go slow so they cant start a nother building untill that one is 100% done.  but like i said VERY HARD TO TIME.  it has to be buildings bigger than a wind trap too (figuring someone might try and flame me when it doesnt work):P i think they compleat way to fast.